August 1, 2014

Triumph poops on Comic Con

by Adam Finley, posted Jul 25th 2006 6:22PM

triumphDuring an introductory speech for Robert Smigel given by cartoon historian Jerry Beck at the San Diego Comic Con, the world's only insult comic dog, Triumph, popped up and went on a hilarious tirade about Beck's boring speech and the innumerable nerds who were in attendance. This is footage shot by someone who was actually there, so there's a lot of swearing and you also get to see Robert Smigel actually doing the voice and manipulating the puppet. Of course, they don't try very hard to hide that when he does his shtick on Conan, but Smigel is in the middle of a crowd and really has nowhere to hide. Beck actually posted the video on his Cartoon Brew site, but I stuck it after the jump for your viewing pleasure. My favorite part is when he tells a rather rotund attendee he must love the "Fantastic Four food groups." Click on and enjoy.

UPDATE: The video is no longer available, apparently.

Andre

You can now watch the video at nbc.com. I wish they had left the video at YouTube because NBCs streaming sucks!

July 26 2006 at 10:15 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Will Teullive

When Smigel has his hand up Triumph's ass he is so damned funny. Without Triump's ass in hand he is really shy and awkward. He really doesn't know what to do with that dogless hand.

I've been to Conan's show many times and I've seen it first hand... or second hand, right or left.

July 25 2006 at 9:44 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Dave

Already pooped on!

July 25 2006 at 8:53 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
wes rand

The "Cartoon Brew" web site explains the disappearance:

"I had earlier posted a video (below) of my intro and Triumph (the Insult Comic Dog) ripping into the crowd, but Smigel asked that I take it down, with the promise that we'd get first dibs of his professionally shot version which he will post shortly."

July 25 2006 at 7:45 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
BartmanDK

"The video is no longer available"

July 25 2006 at 6:52 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Alan

The video is already gone. Boooourns.

July 25 2006 at 6:47 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Akbar Fazil

well, that was quickly gone

July 25 2006 at 6:24 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply