August 31, 2014

Now Courtney Cox-Arquette wouldn't mind a Friends reunion

by Bob Sassone, posted Jul 26th 2006 3:59PM

Friends castFirst Jennifer Aniston says that she would be open to a Friends reunion special, and now Courtney Cox-Arquette says that she would be open to getting the old gang back together too. Says Courtney: "I haven't gotten a call, but I wouldn't be opposed to the idea."

I wouldn't mind seeing a reunion special either, but here's what I don't want to see: 1.) the whole cast sitting around the Monica and Rachel's apartment, reminisicing about the good old days, or 2.) massive changes in what has happened to the characters: Monica and Chandler separated, Phoebe divorced, Joey now smart, etc. Just have the show be like a regular episode: well written and funny.

What do you think the reunion special should be? Maybe Monica, Rachel, Chandler, Ross, and Phoebe find out that Joey is trapped in a bad spinoff sitcom in Hollywood and decide to fly out there to convince him to come back to NYC?

Lauren

A friends reuinion would be awsome. i mean come on, its soooo funny. or as chandler might say could it BE and more funny. i hope to se them on thanksgiving again.

August 01 2006 at 10:01 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Bob Jones

The show lost it for me during the 9th season, it had some great ones - like 'The One With Rachels Other Sister', but by 10 - it was boring.

I'd hope for a Thanksgiving show, with more than just the 6 of them, say Jack & Judy and Rachel's Sister Amy.

I wouldn't want the 6 of them sitting around, especially Joey just popping up like 'Hey, remember that time I went to Hollywood?'.

July 28 2006 at 1:32 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
etana

I think that the only way to do a reunion special that people actually want to watch is to do something resembling an actual episode. I think a Thanksgiving episode would be the best, as it gives the gang an obvious excuse to be together again, and also remains true to the shows roots. One thing I don't want to see is to have it all be about the kids (either Monica and Chandlers or Ross and Racheals.) Most of what I want to see is the characters aging, but still remaining themselves.

July 27 2006 at 12:39 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Tim Goral

Ogler, my question was about reunion shows in general, not necessarily about Friends.

July 27 2006 at 10:56 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Phish

this comment is for nicomm (3rd message): If you've only watched about 3 eps of friends, then why do you feel you have to comment on it here?

i personally think a reunion would be great, esp if its a thanksgiving one like jennifer mentioned.

July 27 2006 at 3:39 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
sue Coble

I would love to see it written just like a regular episode. Thanksgiving definitely and perhaps we all find out that Monica is pregnant. Perhaps make it 3 or 4 years later. The kids aged. Rachel and Ross marry. As long as they stick with writing it just like the regular episode AND write it as well as all the other episodes were, I would not think they could go wrong.

July 26 2006 at 11:31 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
jake

I would love it, but I agree, I hate the reunion specials now where they just talk about the good old days -- why can't we get new episodes?

July 26 2006 at 7:32 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Roger Rees

Dear JD,

WTF?

Regards,
C.O.

July 26 2006 at 6:54 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Nikki

I am really disturbed by some of these people's responses to the Friends Reunion. I love Friends and would love to see a reunion show. Definitely made in the type of a new episode...almost like a movie. I would really love to see Ross & Rachel's wedding, Chandler and Monica's babies, Phoebe & Mike's lives together, and how Joey is doing. I think the idea of Thanksgiving at Monica & Chandler's is wonderful. Definitely go with a actual episode and not a sit down and chat because friends wasn't about Jennifer, Courtney, Matt, Matthew, David, and Lisa. It was about Rachel, Monica, Joey, Chandler, Ross, and Phoebe.

July 26 2006 at 6:54 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
bgdc

"Just have the show be like a regular episode: well written and funny."

Uh that wouldn't be anything like a Friends episode. Its fans wouldn't recognize the show and they wouldn't know when to laugh. Well, maybe the studio audience can continue to assist the viewers with that intellectually challenging task.

July 26 2006 at 6:16 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply