August 23, 2014

The State to be released on DVD

by Annie Wu, posted Jul 26th 2006 1:32PM
The StateThomas Lennon and Ben Garrant from Reno 911! attended Comic-Con to promote their upcoming film, Balls of Fury (Christopher Walken and ping-pong? Hell yeah). There, they announced that The State, the MTV sketch program that showcased the talents of Lennon, Garrant, and folks like Michael Ian Black and Michael Showalter, will be arriving on iTunes or DVD sometime this year. The only issue that kept the program from hitting DVD in the first place was, of course, the music clearances. MTV has put up money to re-score it. Sigh. I have a feeling fans are going to be complaining.

Heather

"the beer is not your mommy"

Bacon, Bacon, Bacon, I am makin the move on you....cuz your BAAAAACCCOOOOOONNNNN!

LOVE it will be waiting with baited breath!

h

August 08 2006 at 2:22 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jason

My name is Doug and I'm OUTTA HEEEEERE.

July 26 2006 at 7:33 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
dvddesign

Now we need Viva Variety...

Baby Tastes Like Soup is a fantastic product, and it's sad that it never made it to US store shelves... Darn you vaugely european television!

July 26 2006 at 5:52 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
MosquitoControl

I never fully understood scoring licensing.

Quite frankly, the labels should be very happy to get the music on the DVDs. Is anyone buying The Wonder Years due to Bob Seger? No. Might people buy Bob Seger due to The Wonder Years? Probably.
So why does it cost millions to get this free advertising?

As for the State... I can finally delete my poor quality downloads of all three seasons!

July 26 2006 at 5:19 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Sam

As long as that theme song is still in place....

July 26 2006 at 2:56 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
homerj312

Yeah i don't care that it's being rescored just give me the DVD's NOW. Its better to have something than nothing. Jake I love the tacos, they may be the best taco's I've ever had but I need the mail. Goodbye mailbox.

July 26 2006 at 2:31 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Akbar Fazil

240 dollars.... worth of pudding.

awwwwwwwwwwww yah.

cant wait. I hope the re-scoring doesnt screw up that much. I don't think it will on a show like this compared to re-scoring of something like the Wonder Years.

July 26 2006 at 2:11 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply