September 17, 2014

Tori Spelling -- poor little not-so-rich girl

by Richard Keller, posted Jul 28th 2006 10:21AM

Tori Spelling -- Not so rich anymoreFolks, always be nice to your extremely wealthy and influential parents. Because, if you don't, you may not get what you were promised when one of them passes away.

This is the situation that is playing out in the family of producer Aaron Spelling, who passed away back in June due to complications form a stroke. It seems that daughter Tori Spelling (Beverly Hills, 90210) will not be getting the promised multi-millions from her father's $500 million fortune. Instead, she'll be inheriting a paltry $800,000; a mere 0.16 percent fragment of the entire amount. According to an article in Us Weekly, the severe reduction in funds results from the continued estrangement from her mother Candy, who is the sole executor of her late husband's estate. The report also says that brother Randy will also receive the same amount of money, but will be set up for life by his mother.

The article reads like one of Spelling's primetime soap operas. I wonder if someone else will make the antics of the Spelling family into a successful show starring Heather Locklear.

Ang

its a sticky situation.candy is upset coz of how loni portrays her in so noTORIous and tori is upset coz her mother didn't tell her her dad died-she found out from a friend.im with tori on this 1-that's just wrong. her mother should get over herself and understand using humour is how tori deals with all the abuse she gets.

furthermore, i have heard reports that aaron's death may have been exacerbated by other health issues which may have affected his rational thinking ability to revise the will.

October 05 2006 at 11:36 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
az1324

You mean she didn't like her portrayal by Loni Anderson?

July 28 2006 at 10:53 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Brent McKee

If I'm reading this right, it's not clear that Aaron Spelling's intention was to leave Tori with just $800,000 but that Candy Spelling as executor is restricting the amount that Tori gets (at least during Candy's lifetime) while setting things up so that Tori's brother is in a better fiscal position even if he's nominally getting the same amount of money. In other words Candy is playing favourites with her husband's money. Can you say Law Suit? I knew you could.

July 28 2006 at 3:38 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
D'Aguiar

Blessed is the child that has his/her own. Be happy with what you have and envy no man's material possession, as you have seen learn a lesson, you can't take anything with you, not even a quarter, so love yourself, treat others as you would like to be treated and there is always time for riches to come, and remember Tori, learn some of the canadian ways, riches start from the heart and then you will be blessed with other possessions.

July 28 2006 at 3:19 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Dzung

That's too much for Tori! Who says what belongs to the parents belongs to the kids? They have to "earn" it just like everyone else! Her parents owe her nothing!

July 28 2006 at 12:34 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
LC

I have mixed feelings on this. On the one hand it was Aarons money to do whatever the hell he wanted to do with it. My parents aren't rich by any means, but I told them I hope they spend it all before they pass because they earned it not me. Tori made money on 90210 and other ventures so she is not hard up at all.

On the other hand, if they planned all along to give them the money and decided at to change the will because of some estrangement, then I feel that is petty.

July 28 2006 at 12:30 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Grace

While I'd be perfectly happy with $800,000 right now... I'm feeling a remake of Mommy Dearest starring Ms. Spelling. Anyone? Anyone?

July 28 2006 at 12:27 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Grace

While I'd be perfectly happy with $800,000 right now... I'm feeling a remake of Mommy Dearest staring Ms. Spelling. Anyone? Anyone?

July 28 2006 at 12:25 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Tom Franklin

Only $800,000? On, no...who will pay to change Tori's diamond-encrusted nappies, clean her little bottom and wipe the drool from her mannish horsey face?

July 28 2006 at 11:42 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Nola

I think that's so tacky. If it's true that she's hoarding all those millions and tossing those paltry sums at her children it's no wonder Tori and her are estranged. I somehow doubt her husband would have approved of her actions, it just seems so ... cold and punishing.

Not nice to mommy, well then no money for you.

July 28 2006 at 10:37 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply