December 22, 2014

Stargate SG-1: 200th Episode Preview

by Will O'Brien, posted Aug 2nd 2006 11:08AM

If you were watching Eureka, then you caught the preview for Stargate SG-1's 200th episode. Hitting ten seasons and 200 episodes is a pretty serious record, especially for science fiction. Anyhow, if you missed it, I grabbed some screen shots and I'll walk you through the preview and discuss it a bit.

The preview starts with some rings and a wormhole shot. If you don't get these, then you've got a few old episodes to watch.

The first interesting shot shows some of the Anchient's probes zipping around space. I wonder what they're going to attack? Just after this we see Mitchell doing some gunfighting, and the gate operating Sargent appears to be screaming like a little girl. (Not sayin' I wouldn't with a freaky dude attacking me)

Next we get the group photo shot. Aww, the 0s are little Stargates. (Anyone know if I can buy a little stargate for my desk?)

Next we get some electrical zaps and explosions around the gate room.

O'Neill [Spelling Fixed and I'm humbled] walks into the conference room with a little wave. Oh yeah, Jack's back! We knew it was coming, but it'll be good to see him back on the screen.

The team is apparently surprised by Jack and all hop to their feet. (I'm trying to remember if Vala ever met O'Neill)

Next we get a little interview bit with Christopher Judge. "It's really a love letter to the fans"

Sam orders "Shut it down!" and we get some more explosions. Something bad appears to be happening.

General Landry orders the base evacuated. Yup, bad.

Apparently, Cheyenne Mountain has gone boom. Retired indeed.

This little scene has me pretty curious. Vala's looking down at a pair of feel sticking out from beneath this ship. It looks A LOT like the Wizard of Oz. I wonder if she landed it on top of em?

Uh... When those doors open, there's a very Trek sounding woosh to them. And what's up with the uniform? Has SG-1 gone Trekkie?

According to Amanda Tapping, the "200th episode has everything"

Including Teal'c dressed like he's in an old detective novel, tossing people through glass doors!

I'm serious about the trekkie thing... Even with Judge's massive chest sticking out. Mitchell actually says "Warp Speed!"

That's all I've got for ya this time. The 200th episode looks like it'll be epic and hilarious. Looks like the SGC get's its butt wooped, seasoned with lots of fun for the fans.

The 200th episode airs Friday August 18th at 8pm Central time.

Doug McKerracher

"I think the best comparison is number of broadcast mintues. At 200 episodes at the 43 minute mark, SG-1 comes in at 8600 minutes."

Cos nobody else did it:

Doctor Who had one season every year from 1963-1989. During those 26 years there were 679 episodes of around 25-minutes and 15 episodes of around 45-minutes making a total of 17,650 minutes.

September 21 2006 at 9:00 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
k9mac

i watched eureka (which is great, my new favorite show)then watched the 'trailer' show for the 200th episode. again, great. then the 200th episode..bar none the funniest show i have seen in a VERY long time. i haven't laughed so hard..my god, it was hilarious! thank you, thank you, thank you ! L

August 18 2006 at 10:47 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Katherine

For the record... Imhotep was dealt with in the fifth season episode "The Warrior".

August 13 2006 at 1:22 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Pam

All I can say is "Thank god Jack's back!!!!!!!"

August 09 2006 at 6:03 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Dr. McP

I saw another preview thing where the last shot is of O'Neill getting married to somebody (It went by really fast, and the bride was obviously veiled anyway.)...hmm...

August 09 2006 at 1:03 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Man of science

Technically Imhotep was not a god, although he was deified by the people. Imhotep was a scientist, architect and physician (as well as a few other titles). His architectural theories actually lead to construction of the famed pyramids in Giza. After he died, there were cults that formed and worshipped him like a god.

August 08 2006 at 4:14 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Megan

I'm not sure if Vala has met Jack, but in "Avelon Part I" they both apear as guest stars. I feel like she did at some point early on, but I'm not 100% sure.

August 07 2006 at 12:51 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
bloodborne

if u look at the original stargate movie, o'neil has several military certificates on the walls in his home and he even looks at a few while thinking of his son. his name is spelled o'neil on all his certificates. i know he says o'neil with two l's in the series but hey just pointing that out.

August 06 2006 at 2:41 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
eva

These comments are cracking me up! Ok, he spelled it wrong. Did someone die as a result? As far as longest running...maybe it'd be better to say "north american"

Anyway, your commentary cracked me up. The episode looks like crack!fic...on acid. I'm looking forward to it. I'm sure to the die-hards it'll be a total waste of time but then, if I wanted "serious" sci fi, I'd watch Battlestar Galactica DVDs.

August 05 2006 at 9:03 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
penquin

What Stargate-SG1 has brought to us is an education of the ancient Egyptian culture. They have used virtually every god in Egyptian culture, both good and evil. The only one I don't remember is Imhotep. But we had two movies with him as the bad guy (The Mummy and The Mummy Returns). Maybe we should enjoy the show for entertainment value and quit worrying if O'Neill is two "L"'s or not. Whoever wrote the first page of this should know Carter is a LIEUTANT COLONEL not a MAJOR. See you at the 200th party.

August 05 2006 at 8:35 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply