April 23, 2014

Rock Star: Supernova: Week 5 Elimination

by Deidre Woollard, posted Aug 3rd 2006 7:47AM
patriceandtommy(S02E10) Two great ways to judge someone's character are how they react when things are going badly and how they react when things are going well. This is Ryan's week to shine. His performance was great but his attitude is still horrible. Every time they show house shots it seems like Ryan is being a jerk of some sort, especially with the women. Supernova gives him the encore which will unfortunately only feed that ego of his. By contrast, Lukas has been taken down a peg. He is keenly aware that his performance was subpar and admits that he should be bottom three but also thinks he can sing his way out of it. Arrogant yes, but not unbearably so.

The bottom three are Jill, Dana and Patrice. What, no Zayra? Oh the insanity. It looks like we are in for another week of bad outfits and crazy song stylings. Patrice wasn't that bad last night. Not great but not really bottom three terrible.

Jill choose to sing Alone by Heart. Heart? Oh, Jill. It does prove the bombshell has a nice set of pipes. She starts off well but she has this tendency to open her throat and really wail which just makes me cringe.

Dana, who missed tour rehearsal to go to a spa, sings House of the Rising Sun. She does a sort of heavy version of this classic which is nice, and the house band is in fine, fine form. She is trying so hard to be what they want her to be. I know she should go but I'm just loving watching this girl try on the rock star attitude.

Patrice sings Eternal Life from one of my favorites, Jeff Buckley. I love this song but I don't love her rendition. How can a girl with so many tattoos be so vanilla? She's my pick to go if only because she can't hold my attention. Miss Jill could still be saved if she could just learn how to use that voice of hers properly.

Instead, the hatchet man axes fresh-faced Dana. She's going to really kick ass someday but that day is not today.

jimmy b

gotta agree with hope...its all for show...the only reason they'd pick a women is so that tommy can have a quikie around constantly...i think they'd even put that into her contract..
its gonna be lukas or magnus

August 06 2006 at 12:34 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Hopenordcia

Because it is late summer, and there is nothing else to watch, I subject myself week after week to watch this train wreck of a show. Any of the bottom three this week could go have gone and that would be fine.

Let's face it. Even though Dalania and Storm are excellent...they will not win. Supernova will choose a male vocalist. I hated that the dip **** Zahra wasn't even in the "real" bottom three. I hate that Tommy Lee is a total sexist a**h***, but since there is nothing better to watch, I will continue to tune in and become disgusted.

Can't wait to see what kind of crap they will come up with next week when they all get to write a Supernova song! Whoooooo!

August 04 2006 at 7:47 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jay G

It was almost painful watching Dana try to be a tough rocker, so, while I liked her and wish her well, I think it's good that she had to go home. Jill is nothing but a f___ toy to someone like Tommy Lee; the ONLY reason she's staying is that he likes looking at her more than the others.

Lukas didn't just have a bad week. No one could perform that badly and be worthy of winning this competition. He was god-awful and you simply can't chalk it up to "a bad week." Write him off.

Why, WHY was Ryan so reluctant to proclaim that he should have the encore. That's what I like about Storm. She isn't offensive, but she is incredibly confident. And with good reason: her performance has been one of the top two every single week.

August 04 2006 at 12:08 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Big D

I am Mad !
Mad at all of the people who voted and kept Zayra out of the bottom three. I was so looking forward to seeing her perform in that outfit she had on last night...wow. You could tell she thought that she would be in the bottom three from that outfit & makeup, she was ready to go.

I thought Jill should have been let go, they have done nothing but complain about her screaming/grinding/act & they have been impressed with Dana's progress. None of last nights bottom three are going to win so it doesn't really matter what order they go, but Dana deserved to stay this week.

August 03 2006 at 7:47 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Phish

JiLL SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
she has to go, then patrice right after.
anybody else think that patrice is a lesbian?? (not that there's anything wrong with that)

August 03 2006 at 12:41 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Tammy

I wanted Jill gone because I'm tired of her over analyzing everything and over singing all of her songs. There are only three, maybe four singers left that could front this band anyway so any of the bottom three could go and it would be fine. I just think Dana deserved to stay at least one more week and Jill should have been gone. I think Dana had a much better voice and a willingness to learn, grow, etc. Jill just knows now to put on the Madonna wedding dress anymore. I agree Patrice was just bland. I think it was Gilby that said ... if you sing with Tommy Lee and they still put you in the bottom three, that says something.

August 03 2006 at 12:26 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply