April 21, 2014

Kyle XY gets second season

by Anna Johns, posted Aug 4th 2006 7:15PM
kyle xyABC Family is so happy with Kyle XY that it has already committed to a second season. The show is only six episodes into its first season, but already it's the most-watched original show ever to air on ABC Family. It's been nabbing 2.1 million viewers a week, with 800,000 of them in that coveted 18-49 demographic. I watched the pilot for this show and it didn't strike me as intriguing but maybe I didn't give it enough time. It's about a teen-ager who wakes up in the woods with no memory, no life skills, and no belly button. He's taken in by the family of his juvenile detention counselor.

Is anybody out there watching/enjoying this show? Would you like us to start reviewing episodes?

Vernize Patton

Kyle XY, is a great series, and I enjoy it very much. Eric who plays kyle is awsome. I don't want to miss the show. But! If I do miss the Monday night show, then I pick it up on Friday nights. Vernize out of Victorville loving the show..

September 11 2006 at 10:45 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Deanna

I am not normally a sci-fi fanatic, but I started watching the show out of curiousity and now my husband & I are both hooked. It is the only show that I made sure I was home at the time to watch it & I would watch the rerun again later in the week. The best new show on TV!!
I don't see anything real predictable about it & I can't wait until next season to see what becomes of Kyle & his adopted family he left behind (hopefully not permanently).

September 08 2006 at 9:15 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
David Beach

I was channel surfing when I discovered the KYLE XY show. I was watching it while responding to emails and not paying much attention to it. But the more I watched KYLE XY the more I was getting hocked. It is not the best acting but the storyline is addicting. Sort of like the X-Files. Since then I've watched every episode. I'm looking forward to the second season. I recommend it.

September 04 2006 at 8:03 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
stacey thompson

I think that this show is great
and that who ever hasn't seen it or herd of it is
missing a great show of kyle xy
i think all the people they casted in the show has alot of talent.

August 29 2006 at 7:28 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Rebeeca

This is the BEST show in the world. I LOVE IT. I am glad to hear it is coming back on next summer. I LOVE IT, LOVE IT, and well..... LOVE IT.

August 28 2006 at 9:28 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Louis

I think Kyle is a clone because no bellybutton surely means he was invoved in genetic cloning. The original Kyle is gone while the clone had found he way to a family

August 28 2006 at 12:55 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jack Maule

Please get Matt Dallas an acting coach. I am intrigued with the plot and generally enjoy the show, but Matt's delivery is wooden and worse than most high school amateurs. The voice overs only accentuate his weakness as an actor.

August 13 2006 at 4:39 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Michelle

I, too, am a new viewer of Kyle XY, and I already hate to miss it. I wish I'd watched it from the beginning. I like the interaction between Kyle, and the family, while he's trying to figure out who he is, and what happened to him.
I'm hoping ABC Family decides to show repeats in the near future, because I can't wait to see what I've missed!

August 07 2006 at 4:05 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Esther

I attended the panel for this show at Comic Con because my kids wanted me to...Anyhow the similarity to John Doe was brought up with one of the producers (Julie Plec) who attended.

She said the show was pitched and created BEFORE John Doe and when John Doe suddenly came out on Fox, it languished in the script archives.

Julie Plec (who was a movie writer) took a job last year with an agency and ABC Family gave the agency an assignment to find shows for consideration as original series. She rummaged around her new agency and found the pilot (now 5 years old) for Kyle XY. She pitched it to ABC Family as "is this the kind of show you're thinking of" and they said "it is EXACTLY the kind of show" and five days after she began with this agency, she quit to work on Kyle XY.

The reason the show has so many XFiles people and locations is of course, because it films in Vancouver. So they use the usual stable of local Vancouverite actors.

BTW I live in Arizona, and the actress playing the mom is familiar to us because she's a graduate of a high school in Scottsdale. She's known to me as a Broadway singer -- she was in the 2001 Tony nominated Jane Eyre.

I've also seen her on stage in La Jolla CA in the late 1990s.

August 07 2006 at 5:14 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Gordon Boddington

without a doubt the show is derivative but it is still pretty good and matt dallas is just so cute as robotic kyle. i watch the show because the pilot had a really good scene in it. other than that the show has fallen short.

August 06 2006 at 7:11 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply