July 29, 2014

MTV2 cartoon attacked for racial insensitivity

by Adam Finley, posted Aug 9th 2006 6:04PM
where my dogs atComedians Tracy Morgan and Jeffrey Ross' MTV2 cartoon Where My Dogs At? has come under fire from some prominent blacks for the depiction of two black women on leashes, one of which defecates on the floor. The episode, which originally aired on July 1, was meant to spoof an actually occurrence when Snoop Dogg showed up at an event with two women wearing collars and chains. Viacom chairman Christina Norman, a black woman, defended the scene as a parody of a specific event, but New York Daily News columnist Stanley Crouch, who is also black, denounced the episode as perpetuating a negative stereotype about black people that has been prevalent on MTV for many years. I haven't watched this show at all, but if anyone saw the episode I'd be interested to read your opinion.

Thanks to Mack Swift for the info.

EM

I'd like to reply to that first comment

first of all,Wonder Showzen is complete garbage. I'll leave it at that because as far as I can tell,its a ripoff of TV Funhouse. As far as I'm concerned, people need to lighten up, I've seen so many stereotypes of my race and you don't see me whining.

Celebrity Deathmatch is probably Sicimation's best show.

Thats pretty much what I have to say.

September 03 2006 at 10:51 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
BartmanDK

Just what i was thinking! :D

Take a chill-pill.. i at least think its a pretty funny show!

August 10 2006 at 3:14 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Brent

The way black women are portrayed in hip hop videos is 10x's as worse as some animated cartoon. this is ridiculous

August 09 2006 at 9:15 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
nOva

I wonder if the people that were up in arms about this also called Snoop to task. He should be held just as responsible for the actions that were spoofed.

August 09 2006 at 6:36 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
James

MTV2 Is beyond pathetic. Not only were they forced to bring back 90's garbage; Beavis and Butthead and Celebrity Deathmatch

Then, the genuises at MTV in a meaker attempt to compete with Adult Swim for the same viewers. what they do???

They air simplistically idiotic, unorginal plotlines that Parady or mock Celebrites/and or the music biz (Chicao and Guapo). to get the Teeny-Booper crowd that watches Sat afternoon cartoons.. MTV2 feels the only way they can attract their Pre-PUBSCENT, inmature wannabes is to have shows that revolve entirely on bashing celebrities... Have these idiots ever considered more orignal type programming that center around original characters might actually appeal to their prized 12-17 (and above) demographic also???

The executives in charge of programming for MTV, escipally MTV2, should be fired and replaced by people who can spot and find orignal, innovative shows. SHOWS that don't appeal to the dumbest common denomator in society (mainly 13 year old Dawson Creek fans, whose attention spans around what new PARIS HILTON or Lindsay LOHAN sex tape is out there at the moment.

99.9% of MTV2 is pure garbage. Wonder SHowzen is the best show on MTV2 by far. Why can't they produce more groundbreaking, cutting edge stuff like this??? The animated shows are out there.. Trust me

IT"S TIME TO TELL MTV EXECUTIVES YOU HAVE TWO OPITONS..

1) STICK TO PLAYING MUSIC VIDEOS OR

2) AIR SOME ANIMATED SHOWS THAT INCORPORATE: CREATIVITY, INNOVATION AND HUMOR TRAGETED TO 18-39. Get rid of This S'CEMATION CRAP.. OK YOU IDIOTS??

August 09 2006 at 6:19 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply