October 22, 2014

The Barkers file for divorce

by Anna Johns, posted Aug 9th 2006 12:05PM
meet the barkersThe reality television curse has struck again. Former Blink 182 drummer Travis Barker has filed for divorce from his wife, Shanna Maokler. The two starred in Meet the Barkers on MTV. The show chronicled their 2003 goth wedding and family life. The couple have two children, Landon, 2, and Alabama, 7 months. And Shanna has a 7-year-old from a previous relationship.

Did anybody watch this show? Does this come as a susprise?

Beth

Well it did surprise me. After watching the show I was not a big Fan of hers. Being a mom of three I just dont understand the nanny thing. I guess if your really busy I could see having one, but your kids need you not paid help. I am sure that the show didnt catch many of her moments with the kids so I choose not to depend on it as her true way of parenting. Travis seemed like a great guy. He seemed to work hard and when he was home was a dad like he was suspposed to be. I loved seeing him acting like a big kid with them, thats what they needed. They did seem in love and I enjoyed seeing them as a couple. I just hope all the trash talking b/t them will end and they will take in account what that does to the kids.

September 25 2006 at 9:45 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
kYRA

I watched it & am also familiar with their stories, she has a child with Oscar delahoya, seems to be a talentless golddigger-beautiful?yes but golddigger...always complaining. She seems to care more about her career then her kids. never saw the chik cook a meal or hold her children, i guess u get more loot if u marry a guy & have his children when you divorce in CA.people are just sad. he is talented beyong belief,and seemed in LUST as the before blogger said..they both did...being in the mode of passion isnt very good. he also seems to have been on a few too many trips to the Dope man..can you say REHAB, he's totally on the "H" horse if u ask me..

September 25 2006 at 9:24 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
TaraFromJersey

I liked the show. We found out she was pregnant the last few episodes, and it never came back.. Then I heard that mansion was on the market.. Altho it seems like she slept alot and always sounded either tired or really excited! The simplest things made her tired and she did complain to people alot.. but could it be the shows were both produced by MTV and it worked for Jessica Simpson so why not just make it work for her too?? HMM? All that lovey dovey stuff is nice but i'm sure it gets old after awhile. She has alot going for her. a former miss usa and an actress. I heard she is gonna be on dancing with the Stars! Travis seemed grounded and very in love with her and also a very talented musician who was also a good dad and hubby. I wish them both well. If I had that much money and Nannys galore I might be tired from sitting around and being Rich too !!

August 16 2006 at 12:20 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
m

I don't know. He seemed immature and she seemed HIGH-as-heck-MAINTENANCE. especially that dumb episode about buying children's furniture. i mean what is up with rich people they complain about EVERYTHING> whatever> it"s always gonna be doomed when you have two massive egos pairing up.

August 12 2006 at 3:05 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Ginger

For those who need guidance and support in their relationships, go to: www.thepowerofgrace.com

August 11 2006 at 12:25 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Ginger

I noticed from the gate that she was too consuming and needy. She seem to totally smother him. He handled it well, but I guess it eventually became too much. I noticed she was always telling him to put the kids to bed. She didn't seem to want them around. She would always show up at his events to "surprise" him. Again, another needy behavior that probably became too much for him as it would for anyone. They were a bit too overly mushy and I did know if that was for show or what. I am not surprised at this, as well as I knew when Carmen Electra married this last guy it wouldn't last. Call it intuition.

August 11 2006 at 12:24 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Rawdina

Love, I don't know. They certainly seemed in lust. I remember him calling her "Momma" alot. Even when the children weren't around. They didn't seem to spend much time with the children.

August 09 2006 at 6:44 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Erica

::prays for Brangelina reality show::

August 09 2006 at 4:11 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Porchland

Also, Kathy Griffin supposedly getting divorced? And Nick and Jessica?

Maybe celebreality shows CAUSE divorces!

August 09 2006 at 1:20 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
BartmanDK

Well its on sunday afternoon here in DK, and i like seeing it as part of a hangover-sunday! :D
But im actuly suprised to see them split up.. if you go by the show you would think that everything was going great, and it looked like they where ment for each other!

August 09 2006 at 1:12 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply