October 1, 2014

Eric Balfour resurrected on '24'

by Anna Johns, posted Aug 10th 2006 1:23PM
eric balfourEric Balfour was the only good thing about Conviction, NBC's short-lived prosecutor drama. Luckily, he'll be back on television in the winter to reprise his role as CTU independent contractor Milo Pressman on 24. I honestly can't remember what happened to his character ar the end of the season but apparently he didn't die.

According to Michael Aussiello over at TV Guide, Balfour has signed on to a role as a 'series regular', which means we'll see him for more than one episode. Maybe he'll replace poor, sweet Edgar Stiles (Louis Lombardi)?

I have one word for this piece of news: YUM.

robbo

This is great News, I liked Milo before, he should be good against chloe.

robbo @ www.fox24.co.uk

October 16 2006 at 7:16 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
vogtwolf

I have to agree that Eric Balfour was the best part of "Conviction." Not only he is extremely talented, but he is probably one of the most sensuous actors around. He deserves his own series, with him in the starring role.

October 13 2006 at 2:15 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Meadow

That is great news! I cannot wait to see Eric again. I loved Conviction and was sad to hear it was cancelled. I find Eric to be extremely sexy.

August 24 2006 at 6:17 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Charles

The actor took a William Devane-type leave from the show to film a pilot. Unfortunately for Eric Balfour, the show didn't get picked up, and by the time he was evidentially avaliable, the writers were content to have Tony and Nina run CTU by themselves.

August 10 2006 at 11:32 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Bojangles

Don't feel too bad for not remembering what happened to Milo in season one, he just disappeared around 3pm.

August 10 2006 at 5:13 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Ryan

So people are still giving him roles? Odd. I thought Buffy did right and got rid of him very early, but that's just me. I'm sure 24 will still rock hardcore.

August 10 2006 at 3:12 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jason

I must take issue with that statement about Conviction! It was a pretty decent show. And I would say that Balfour may have been the worst part. He's kind of weasel-y looking frankly, and I don't think he's much of an actor. Now Julianne Nicholson... mmm... that was the best part of Conviction... :-)

August 10 2006 at 2:53 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Dan

Well, I guess that spells the end of 24. Every series that Balfour has been cast as a regular has been canceled -- Veritas: The Quest, Hawaii, Conviction... even Sutherland won't be able to save them! HAHAHA!!

August 10 2006 at 1:46 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply