September 20, 2014

Goodbye One Ocean View

by Bob Sassone, posted Aug 10th 2006 11:59AM

One Ocean ViewThis will come as a shock to the show's fans - both of you - but ABC has canceled the Fire Island-based reality show One Ocean View after only two episodes.

This caps off an odd summer for ABC, which saw several other summer shows canceled quickly: The One, Master of Champions, and How To Get The Guy. Will this make the networks smarten up about the glut of reality shows? Of course not, because other reality shows do really well, so get ready for even more.

The show will be replaced for the rest of the summer by repeats of Supernanny.

[via TV Tattle]

Kevin

ABC sucks! There were only 4 more episodes left. Do repeats of a damn nanny show really get that much better rating?

September 07 2006 at 10:47 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Angela

I was wondring what was going on. Why on earth would you cancel the balance of the shows for One Ocean during the summer, and put on re-runs! Are you guys serious!!?? Good lord. I had started to tell all my friends about this, and to be honest, I do not watch ABC, not unti Greys Anatomy, and was excited about this show. It had potential for gullty pleasures and for the summer, it made sense. Way to go ABC, I do like Super Nanny, but come on, what the heck are you guys doing not finishing out the pilot... circle slash abc

August 28 2006 at 7:56 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jen

As a former summer resident of FI--I was looking forward to seeing my old haunts--I am very disappointed!

August 28 2006 at 4:14 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Randa

OMG i cant believe they canceled the show it was soo great i waited all day to come home and watch it and then i flip the channel and what comes on?....freakin SUPER NANNY r u kidding me who cancels Ocean view for supernanny r ukidding me bad choice ABC seriously u guys didnt even give it a chance i was just telling all my friends to watch and when nothing came on i felt like an idiot this sucks :(((

August 28 2006 at 3:31 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
George Frymann

This was a horrible show ... but I could not stop watching. Thank you, ABC, for doing it for me. My guess is the show didn't get any better, didn't go anywhere after the two episodes they showed us, and ABC knew this. We are all better off without it. I do miss Mary, however.

August 28 2006 at 2:16 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Laura

So Sad. Everyone needs a guilty pleasure and for many of us One Oceanview was just that. Maybe ABC should take their finger off the switch and let the shows have their fair run. I think it would be great to show the remaining episodes and see this through.

August 27 2006 at 10:01 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
jenn

One Ocean View was a great show and was perfect for the summer. ABC made a horrible mistake. Hopefully with all of these comments posted they will release the episodes on DVD or reconsider there decision. At least us the fans find out what happnes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

August 27 2006 at 1:48 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Paige

I am so disappointed. Why does ABC start a show and then cancel it before the season end? Why bother watching and trying to get into a show if they are just going to pull it? Same with How to Get the Guy!

August 25 2006 at 1:59 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jennifer

Ok so I just found out that the show was cancelled. I was looking through my TV guide and searching for it because I was looking forward to seeing the next episode. I was telling all my friends about it, and that it was a really good show. I would also like to know if you put it out on DVD. I couldn't want to watch it the next week.
Very Disappointed Viewer!

August 24 2006 at 10:24 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
The Bomb

Ha Ha. I am sure ABC will go on without such a lame show.

August 23 2006 at 9:56 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply