July 25, 2014

The Stephen Colbert Bridge needs you!

by Annie Wu, posted Aug 10th 2006 7:08PM
Stephen ColbertDuring last night's episode of The Colbert Report, Stephen called for his fans' help once again. I guess after the whole Wikipedia incident, he realized that he has great power over his viewers, most of whom are quite willing to do his Internet-bidding. This time around, Stephen found a website taking votes in naming a Hungarian bridge over the Danube River. After seeing that one of the names leading the polls is Chuck Norris, Stephen realized that it could just as well be the Stephen Colbert Bridge. Alright, that's where we come in. Check out this site with step-by-step directions to navigate through the website (which is totally in Hungarian) and get voting! And if you don't vote, then I've got to ask... "Why do you hate America?... And Hungary?"

CWL

You clowns... Chuck Norris is going to roundhouse kick Stephen Colbert in the face. I like Colbert so it's too bad he has to die....

November 07 2006 at 2:17 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Nicholas

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DUDE!!!!!!!!! GO ON AND DO THE THINGS THAT I NEVER WILL BECAuSE I AM LAZY AND I'D RATHER NOT GEt OFF THE COUCH AND THINGS THAT I JUST WONT EVER GET OR FIND THE TIME TO DO OR BE!!!!!! YES!!!!!!

November 02 2006 at 12:02 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jim

Hi everyone! If Stephen CAN'T get the bridge named after him, he could take solace in the fact that 'Perl Script' would be the next likely candidate! And besides, there's a town in washington state named Colbert!

August 24 2006 at 11:33 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Misty

Stephen Colbert rocks the US!
My homepage/URL - is a little spice! POLITICALLY CORRECT- by Andy Rooney! Enjoy!
Great job- Mr. Colbert.
(WHY DON'T YOU RUN FOR PRESIDENT)!!??

August 24 2006 at 5:43 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Denes

The Bridge can't be named after Colbert or Chuck Norris or anybody, who isn't dead. Yes, Chuck Norris, but it can't be too.
What do you think, the other names were added by the government? "Chuck Norris" or "The government of tax increase - bridge" :) ?
(or some of my favourites:
- "I was near to named after Chuck Norris - bridge"
- Eric Cartman - bridge
- Tupac Shakur - bridge
- Under the - bridge
- Traffic Jam again - bridge
- Wow, what a beautiful - bridge
- Mr.T - bridge
- Frodo Baggins - bridge
- Beer - bridge
- Yoda - bridge
- Easy rider, bro! - bridge
LOL)

August 23 2006 at 7:19 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Diego M

well chuck norris isn't dead and he was the second after that "asshole". Go Colbert bridge

August 23 2006 at 4:23 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
hungarian

"

# Istvan says:
August 23rd, 2006 at 6:43 am

I think someone should draw Mr Colbert's attention to the fact that: 1. according to Hungarian law no living person's name can be given to a geographical site or bridge or the like; 2. the final decision about the name is made by a commission which overrules any result of any vote. my wild guess is that Stephen does not qualify in the first category and does not stand a chance in the second one.
a Hungarian in Budapest
"

thats all. even he gets billions of votes, he can't win. sorry.

August 23 2006 at 3:46 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Denes

In Hungary, you can't name a bridge after a living person. That's the law (as i know).

August 23 2006 at 11:50 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
József

The rules have been changed, now only registered users can vote. Registration is not difficult at all, there's even a step-by-step description here, which guides you through the whole process:

August 23 2006 at 7:20 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply