August 20, 2014

The new Dancing with the Stars cast is announced

by Joel Keller, posted Aug 14th 2006 11:20AM
Dancing with the StarsThe big news on Good Morning America this morning wasn't about the UK terror plot or the cease-fire between Israel and Hezbollah. The big news was... drumroll please... the announcement of the new cast of Dancing with the Stars!

Thaaat's right, kiddies... the new group of has-beens, never-wases and out-of-place sports legends is now set to strut their stuff on the dance floor this fall, and this group is a doozy. We already knew that MSNBC's Tucker Carlson is participating, and there had been rumors that soon-to-be Hall of Fame running back Emmit Smith was going to be there, so those two aren't a big surprise. But we also get to see Jerry Springer, Joey ("Whoa!") Lawrence, Vivica A. Fox, Harry Hamlin (probably glomming on wife Lisa Rinna's success last year), Willa Ford, Monique Coleman of High School Musical, Sara Evans, Mario Lopez, and model and ex-Mrs. Barker Shanna Moakler (probably in the spot that was reserved for Beth Ostrosky).

Looks like it's going to be an interesting season. Maybe Emmit Smith will surprise everyone and win it all. Cowboy fans must be hiding their heads in their hats right now.

Anon

1. i didn't watch the first season and i won't watch this season. as a cowboys fan, let me just say, emmitt better get farther than jerry rice did last season (however far that was). --eugene

eugene, Jerry Rice placed second last year and did quite well IMO. I'm skeptical about Emmitt. . . he's a great player, but I'm not sure he has the footwork that Jerry has. I think Emmitt will end up in the remaining 5 or 6 celebrities, but I don't see him cracking the top 3.

August 14 2006 at 3:31 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Anthony

My predicted order of finish:
1. Mario Lopez
2. Shanna Moakler
3. Jerry Springer
4. Harry Hamlin
5. Joey Lawrence
6. Monique Coleman
7. Vivica A. Fox
8. Emmitt Smith
9. Tucker Carlson
10. Willa Ford
11. Sara Evans

I will be watching to see Tucker fall on his face. I see see this year being the return of "Slater" as he will also be appearing in "Nip/Tuck" this year.

The real question is will 18-25 viewers watch this year? There are still no real "teen" dancers, except for the unknow "High School Musical" girl.

August 14 2006 at 2:47 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Joel

Jamie, you're right... I forgot to put Mario in the list.

He's in the story now.

August 14 2006 at 2:03 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Carissa

I watched the finale of the past two seasons (why bother with the dancing turds, right?), but with Tucker Carlson I might have to clue in a little earlier. I'm sure he won't win, but I'd love to see what he can do, the little news cutie.

August 14 2006 at 1:13 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jamie

I thought Mario Lopez aka. AC Slater was part of the cast as well?

Maybe I misheard that this morning.

August 14 2006 at 1:06 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply