April 24, 2014

Kyle XY: Memory Serves

by Michael Canfield, posted Aug 15th 2006 12:21AM
Kyle XY(S01E08) Though listings on TV.com and my onscreen channel guide showed that this episode was to air last Friday on ABC -- it was actually the previous episode "Kyle Got Game" that ran on the network that night. Tonight, under hypnosis Kyle (Matt Dallas) starts making noises like a tape-recorder rewinding or something, when he is disturbed yet again by the few spotty patches of his memory that remain. Is he schizophrenic (nah), an android (probably not), or something else?

Kyle, foster-sister Lori, and friend Declan head to university to find out what they can about the mysterious (and missing) professor Kern that Kyle sees in visions from his hidden past.
Kyle takes some brain tests (with typically spectacular results), while a college boy macks on Lori. Poor Declan -- who stands looking wistful as Lori trots off with her new friend. There's a shocker when the trio finds a display case of photos in Professor Kern's former office. A discovery that raises more questions about Kyle than it answers. Meanwhile, back home, poor under-appreciated Josh is the one who actually stumbles onto the answer of what was actually going on with Kyle's speech under hypnosis.

Good show, lots of tension and mystery, with more than a touch of humor -- not to mention teen and family angst. And the final scene of this episode turns everything on its head -- although Kyle seems to buy into the warning from someone he had thought an enemy pretty easily -- and gets Declan to go along with it pretty easily too.

Hey, and for those who came to the series late (like I did): can catch a marathon all ten episodes right through to the finale, starting at 11am Monday August 28th on ABC Family.

elhan

is kyle xy show coming back to abc family cause i miss watching it

October 18 2006 at 8:10 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
rebecca

my main thing is that kyle is way similar on so many levels to dark angel - i was describing kyle to my brother who watched D.A. and he thought i was mixing up the shows ... although i like kyle in it's own way...

August 19 2006 at 8:39 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
lucy

kyle is a clone!

August 19 2006 at 5:35 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
DJ Estilo

they show the full episodes of Kyle Xy on Abc Family's website abcfamily.com

August 16 2006 at 7:39 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Ted Anderson

Madacorp/Manticore, ha ha, I am glad someone else has seen the similarities with Kyle XY and another Genetically Enhanced Superhuman created by a secret agency set in Seattle...Dark Angel.

I have been hooked to on this show since episode one and it is getting better and better. Sadly only such a short season!

August 16 2006 at 4:58 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Davin Peterson

You can find clips of KyleXY posted at http://www.youtube.com.

What a great eposide. It seems KyleXY was a scientific expiriment that some how got lost

August 15 2006 at 9:01 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
SuperFan Ken

I had a similar back and forth about Foss myself, but this makes since.

Seeing that Foss was the one who killed Kern and Kyle was right there when it happened. If Foss had wanted to kill or abduct Kyle, he could have done that then.

But now that Madacorp knows that Kyle is out there, they will be looking for him.

August 15 2006 at 6:37 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
J Bench

This is unbelieveable! Best episode so far! So now I've learned that Foss is trying to protect Kyle..interesting, at first thats what I thought, but soon later, my theory seemed way wrong, so I dropped the fact that Foss protected Kyle. But now...HAH, now, my theory seems to come back to me. I dont know who's side that I'm on now...But the fact that Kyle doesnt want to research his past anymore bothers me...I guess he cares about the Tragers more than he cares for himself...Gosh, its just getting better and better

August 15 2006 at 5:11 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply