October 23, 2014

Something really big is about to happen on Lost

by Bob Sassone, posted Aug 16th 2006 2:18PM

LostAt a Lost party to celebrate the release of the second season DVD set (September 5), cast members hinted that the third season of the show will have something big happening. Daniel Dae Kim says it might have something to do with that four-toed statue we saw in last season's finale, while Terry O'Quinn says that the producers want the first six episodes to set up something really big "to keep people hanging."

I wonder if Lost fans will be disappointed in this season's schedule. The show will come back with six new episodes, then take a two month break (yes, two months), then come back with 17 straight new episodes. I think this is a good idea. The first six will whet our appetites, and then for two months we can all go online and talk about what the hell's going on. Plus there will be a ton of other new shows to watch, so I think a two month break will be fine, especially when there will be 17 uninterrupted episodes til the end of the season.

chris w

This schedule works for me. I hated last season w/the way ABC would give you a couple new episodes, then about umpteen repeats in a row. I think that's why the ratings dropped a bit. Oh, and BSG isn't doing 20 episodes in a row without a break..there will be a small one. BSG had a lot longer break between Episodes 10 & 11 of last season(a couple of months), than some may remember. Anyway, as long as I get longer doses of new episodes of LOST and BATTLESTAR GALACTICA, I'll be happy.

August 22 2006 at 1:50 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
sandy schmidt

Some really cool things are revealed in the new jigsaw puzzles that are out there. My friend is doing the first one right now called The Hatch and says there's something on the back. he's not sure what. The cover says "Spoiler Warning". I just bought #2, The Others. It claims the same thing. Just thought you'd like to know.

August 18 2006 at 1:42 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Gordy

I can't wait to see who the gay lovers are.

August 17 2006 at 9:51 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
SeanTubbs

The break is a great idea.

Though, what about the show was on six weeks, off an interval, on six weeks, off an internal, and then on to the conclusion. No repeats during the intervals, because each period being on leads to a mind-numbing revelation, or something. You could argue that would spoil some of the tension, but it would build viewer's expectations each time. I'm worried about getting bored in the interim period. 24 works in 24 weeks, but then it's off for half the year. I'd rather have a year-long viewing experience. I really think it's a terrible idea that Battlestar Galactica is doing twenty-in-a-row. Their second season definitely lagged in the middle, and that was with a months-long break between the 10th and 11th episodes!

August 17 2006 at 12:24 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Kat

I'll take whatever schedule they give us - just bring back my LOST already - I'm having withdrawals!!!

August 16 2006 at 7:55 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
chris w

I like this schedule. Prediction: Locke will shed his newly acquired(Season 2) skin("Bad decisions? You want bad decisions? I'll give you some bad decisions!")

August 16 2006 at 5:51 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Allen Mendelsohn

Brad guaranteed you lose your sh*t at those 6 eps, but you'll watch the other 17 anyway...

The schedule is a decent compromise. LindelCuse have said ABC refused to let them do all the eps in a row like 24 (and they didnt want that anyway), so this is very reasonable.

August 16 2006 at 5:30 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Blah

I'm content with that schedule. As long as those first six episodes make me lose my sh*t, then all is fine.

August 16 2006 at 4:25 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
SamMalone

'something really big "to keep people hanging."'

I'm guessing it's the big toe from that foot statue. ;)

I am really looking forward to this seasons Lost, I just upgraded to HiDef and a larger screen, now I won't miss the details.

August 16 2006 at 3:32 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
erroneous_nick

I agree that this scheduling move is better than last year's rerun-fest, but I'd rather wait a few more months for season 3 to begin and then have the entire season run uninterrupted. Either way, I'm just happy to be getting new Lost episodes.

August 16 2006 at 2:38 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply