October 24, 2014

Big Brother: Elimination #6

by Deidre Woollard, posted Aug 17th 2006 10:38PM
boogie and george(S04E18) This week the houseguests are dressed for the Big Brother prom. The men aim for goofy while the women are all wearing their prom queen best. But before the celebration can begin someone's getting the Carrie treatment. Will it be the emaciated Erika or the sharp-tongued Marcellas?

Boogie is the winner of the Coup d'Etat power which lets him overthrow nominations right before the eviction voting. It is valid for three evictions but can only be used once. The dethroned HoH and the Veto winner are immune from being evicted. Will Boogie save his fair damsel, Erika who is on the block?

Nope, Boogie keeps quiet about his secret power. Erika and Marcellas give their speeches and Marcellas is full of bitterness and basically implies that a vote for him makes you a scumbag. Erika meanwhile pulls the "vote for me, I'm useful" approach. Looks like everyone is a scumbag, Marcellas is unanimously out. Danielle is pretty broken up about it and her henchman James is there with the hankie and sympathy.

The HoH competition involves guessing America's answers to a series of questions based on high school superlatives. Amazingly Chicken George ends up HoH and it's a double eviction week to boot. Since he has no ax to grind, it's tough for him to make a decision on the fly but he seems certain at least about the first one. He sends James to the block followed by Erika. Could we be seeing the end of the snake? James is supposed to be part of the Legion of Doom but I suspect that Dr. Botox might use this chance to get rid of the snake before he strikes (and while he has the best shot of getting Janelle and Howie to throw in their votes against James too).

Jackie

KG - That link is in my name on this reply.

Deidre - As always, I loved the show recap! It's been a topsy-turvy house since the last show. Tonight's should be interesting. And, Tuesday's even more interesting...

August 20 2006 at 3:12 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Guido

I think Janelle guessed that because she knew that Boogie already guessed the proper saying.

I don't think Janelle is overrated at all, she is what she is. She's awesome at competitions and horrible at strategy. Last year was the same thing, she'd win and Kaysar laid the plan out. When Kaysar left, she kept winning to keep herself around.

It's no different this year... the only difference is that she seems way more annoying that last year.

I'm fully behind chill town and with the Ace in the hole Mike won, I can't see them losing now.

August 19 2006 at 1:28 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Beth

Right on LC. Can't believe how dumb she is and still can't figure out why America loves her so much. She can be so nasty sometimes.

August 19 2006 at 12:40 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
gt

bingo LC! she is way overrated. i think she is streetsmart somewhat but has no real 'intelligence' (using her favorite word- lots of dumb people love using that word)

August 18 2006 at 5:06 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
kg

can someone send me a link to jackies blog? Finally someone else who thinks Janelle is WAYYYYYYYYYYYY overrated!

August 18 2006 at 3:52 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
LC

One thing to add:

"You sow what you reap"?

First she never heard the term of pulling the wool over someones eyes. Then she tells Howie to trick everyone by telling them that his answer is spool of lies thinking they would not guess he is lying. Then, to top it off, Janelle comes up with this as her answer?

I am beginning to think she is way overrated when people say she is really smart and only playing the buxom blonde.

August 18 2006 at 1:56 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
LC

Overall a decent episode. The fact that Howie voted to boot Marcellas and make it unanimous, keeps James' ruse in tact that he is still with the season sixers. If he does not win HoH, he has a good chance of getting Janelle's, Howies and Danielles support.

If no one uses veto, Chilltown may go to vote out "Yoko", but you can never tell with those two.

August 18 2006 at 11:30 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
renee

I just want Erika gone. I really liked her on her season, but this season she is whiney, clueless, and kissing up to everyone. I say let her cry in sequester with Marci!

August 18 2006 at 10:59 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Tammy

Pat... I think the winner would have gotten one or two steps up on the HOH competition but Janelle couldn't compete so she got flowers and a crown.

August 18 2006 at 10:11 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Tammy

It's amazing how the one person you least expect always gets HOH on a double elimination week. George was smart, he answered like America would and didn't think too much into the questions. I got almost all of them right and I haven't really be reading message boards to see who America likes or doesn't like. Once Janelle got Prom Queen it was obvious that America still love S6 and will vote against those who voted out Kaysar.

August 18 2006 at 10:10 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply