April 24, 2014

Denis Leary loves Jewish baseball players, hates Mel Gibson

by Adam Finley, posted Aug 17th 2006 5:20PM

denis learyYou know, sometimes I forget how incredibly funny and witty Denis Leary can be, but the video I placed after the jump was a nice reminder. Heck, If they had Leary doing baseball commentary all the time I might actually start tuning in to the games. He and fellow Rescue Me actor Lenny Clarke were guests at a Red Sox game when Leary suddenly realized that player Kevin Youkilis was Jewish, which led him into a hilarious rant about Mel Gibson, rehab, and whatever suddenly popped into his head. If you want to hear Leary make references to Braveheart, Sandy Colfax Koufax and Jeffrey Katzenberg all in the space of about three minutes, then check out the video after the jump. This is actually a longer version than what I was originally going to link to, but the shorter version was actually removed in the middle of me writing this post. Damn, that's annoying. We'll see how long this one stays up.

[via Best Week Ever]

wanda

Was dennis drunk? No, he's always an A**Hole

September 03 2006 at 9:13 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Adam Finley

Chaim, which e-mail address did you send it to? Somebody on our team may have received it, but I did not. If I had, I most certainly would have given you props. Sorry 'bout dat.

August 18 2006 at 8:36 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Morgan at Spot Cost

A+ comedic material, it would have been even better if it had been an African-American quarterback he was so surprised and pleased to see on the field. "Eat that George Wallace, a black man's taking the snap!"

Somebody should get me a reference on which races it's cool to joke about and in which situations. From this and Chris Matthews' comments on Lieberman's 'schmaltzy' ethniticity and 'Uncle Tonoose' looks, I can glean that anything goes with Jewish guys. I'm just not so clear about Native Americans, Asians or Hispanics.

August 18 2006 at 4:43 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Chaim

I sent this video clip to you the day to happened. Way to check your email people. Come on.

August 18 2006 at 2:58 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jaymez

I want those 6 minutes back.

August 17 2006 at 10:23 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Adam Finley

My ignorance of baseball has been exposed.

Thanks for the correction, man.

August 17 2006 at 7:51 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply