July 22, 2014

What's the best thing about Entourage?

by Bob Sassone, posted Aug 17th 2006 8:31AM

Kevin DillonSome would say it's Jeremy Piven's portrayal as slick agent Ari. Others would choose Adrian Grenier's lead performance as Vince. Still others would choose the goofy charm of Jerry Ferrara's Turtle. But Ron Rosenbaum over at The New York Observer thinks the best thing about the show is Johnny Drama (Kevin Dillon).

I never really thought about it before, but he makes a good case. While I see Entourage as more of an ensemble show (with Piven's character coming in often to bust up the four friends), Dillon does give a great performance, and the character is written just right, a little annoying but not so annoying that you don't care about him. And I think we've all met guys like Johnny.

What do you think is the best thing about Entourage?

taylor

grenier is good as the pretty boy actor. kevin dillon balances out turtle. it's a well written show. glad priven is no longer known only as cusack's sidekick.

October 25 2006 at 12:01 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
niki

by the way livingdots what u typed about adrian not adam! is Racist!

August 18 2006 at 10:57 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Tammy

I adore Drama very much and that has alot to do with how well Kevin Dillion portrays the character. All season long I kept thinking but what about Johnny, he needs some success too. So I'm glad he's getting the pilot.

August 17 2006 at 11:36 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Shortround

Kevin Connolly's Eric is the show's lynchpin in my mind, but Grenier, while certainly not the show's stand-out, does a good job acting as its cypher -- the sometimes mercurial, sometimes just celebrity-vapid sign around which everyone else must revolve.

It's a pretty thankless role, but I think the writers made the right choice in not making him the Ari of the show. Vince almost needs to be the empty black hole at the show's core -- his gravitational pull keeps all these other folks in orbit.

Sorry for the extended metaphor. You get what I'm saying... while everyone else is chewing the scenery apart, you gotta give it up the straight men sometimes.

August 17 2006 at 10:27 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
fazed

I've always thought that Vincent Chase was the least interesting character on the show. Each of his friends, and Ari are 10x more entertaining.

Then again..it is called Entourage, so I guess it should be more about Turtle, Johnny and Eric then about Vincent.

August 17 2006 at 10:04 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
David

Favorite characters are definately Johnny Drama and Ari.

Dillon brings little touches to the character, like in the last episode, when he and Turtle goes to Saigon's hotel party w/ no white people. Drama adopts a little home boy swagger as he is walking through to give the appearances of street cred.

Great show.

August 17 2006 at 10:03 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
livingdots

Yeah, Dillon is great, but Piven is my favourite. Their characters is the reason I'm watching.

I hate Adam Grenier as Vincent Chace though. The guy looks like a greasy Indian (sorry) bus-boy, far from a movie star. He tries to act like a lady's man, but fails miserably. He's looks shy and awkward with women. Whoever choose Grenier did a terrible job.

August 17 2006 at 9:29 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Tool

Although I think the show has lost its way to some degree, it has also developed into a very unique show.

The charactors are all great in their own way, but Johnny Drama is a real masterpiece. Kevin Dillon has really taken that charactor and made it unique . . . the irritable man that a lot of us can identify with just like women can identify with Desperate Housewives.

August 17 2006 at 9:22 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply