November 24, 2014

Pow! Bam! Heir sues over Batman TV series

by Bob Sassone, posted Aug 18th 2006 12:30PM

BatmanDeborah Dozier Potter, daughter of William Dozier, is suing 20th Century Fox for $4.4 million, saying that this is the amount owed from a contract her father signed in the 1960s. Potter says that she came across the contract in early 2005 and now she wants 20th Century Fox to live up to their end of the agreement.

My mother told me that the first word I ever uttered wasn't "mom" or "dad," but "Batman," as I sat in front of our TV as a baby and watched this show. That has nothing to do with this case, but it does prove I'm friggin' old.

Sheila

No where do it say that actress Joan Fontaine is her mother, who is the sister of actress Olivia de havilland

August 25 2006 at 3:20 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Brent McKee

Dozier was the Executive Producer of "Batman" (and also the narrator). I believe he was also the man behind Greenway Productions which produced the show for 20th Century Fox. Presumably this all means that we can forget about seeing "Batman" on DVD for a whole lot longer.

August 18 2006 at 3:14 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Bob Sassone

Dozier was one of the producers of Batman.

August 18 2006 at 1:27 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
ScottR

What proves you're "friggin' old" is that you never identified who William Dozier was and what his relationship to the Batman show was.

August 18 2006 at 1:22 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
gwangi

BAM! POW! LAWSUIT! ZOINK!

August 18 2006 at 1:06 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Scott

Hey, the show was on from 1966-1968, making you, at most, 40. I'm 38, and I refuse to believe that 40 is "friggin' old". When we hit 70, I'll concede.

August 18 2006 at 12:40 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply