April 24, 2014

Lawsuit filed against Dog the bounty hunter

by Adam Finley, posted Aug 19th 2006 10:03PM

dog the bounty hunterThis season's premiere of Dog the Bounty Hunter had Dog and his crew flying to San Francisco to capture a suspected drug dealer named Samu Savea who had been eluding them for years. He was rumored to be playing on a semi-professional football team called the Daly City Renegades. Dog's team staked out the practice field, and spotted one player who they thought was Savea, but was actually Simaile "Cisco" Lutu, a nightclub promoter. Dog's son Leland was the first to approach Lutu, but it was soon revealed he wasn't the man they were after. Now Lutu has filed a lawsuit against Dog and his bail bonds company. He claims he was handcuffed and held at gunpoint by police officers on two separate occasions following his encounter with Dog.

I actually saw the episode in question, and what puzzles me is that the lawsuit claims Lutu asked not to have his image shown on television. That may be true, but during the scene on the practice field he was doing everything he could to be seen on camera, and so did many of his teammates. At the time, it appeared that he was absolutely enthralled with the idea of being the center of attention on a popular reality program. Dog also says that Lutu called him after the show aired and thanked him because all the girls loved seeing him. It will be interesting to see if this lawsuit actually goes anywhere.

[via TV Filter]

Related:
Duane "Dog" Chapman and son arrested in Hawaii

Katrina Garcia

I agree with # 15. But I'm Mexican we are not spics. That is a bigots comment. If you ever ever say that again then the Mexicans will break the law and go after you. And don't accuse somebody of smoking weed when you don't even know them. You just discrased all of the Mexicans in my family and in the United States. Not all Mexicans break the law. My dad didn't my mom didn't my brother didn't my sister didn't. So there you just got burned.

October 22 2006 at 10:00 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
JACK

Please understand that Bounty Hunting is a job,as all of you have jobs and i can imagine that some or all of you have taken some chances in your life. I am a licensed Bounty Hunter in the great state of Georgia, I have taken many chances to put Bail Jumpers back in jail. Dog did what he had to do to support his family. Nobody has the right to (JUDGE) anybody.I'll Bounty Hunt with you Dog. e-mail: jtc4743@aol.com

September 25 2006 at 8:27 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
JACK

September 25 2006 at 8:27 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
JACK

September 25 2006 at 8:27 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
MARY MCCLUSKEY

This is REDICULOUS , yes he get's paid but , he was doing this for 20 some odd years before the show and I believe if the show stops HE will do it for 20 more !!! So he makes money , so what?? He ran I would have to , if I KNEW I would not get a fair and just shake from the country I was in I WOULD RUN LIKE HE)) !!! He has done sooo much for Hawaii and children . This is a political thing , the cops are pissed that they did not get him first, the mexican police are piseed because ?? I am sure they will think of something. The Dog has had so much loss and pain and still has a STRONG FAITH AND A JUST AND FAIR DEMEANER. He almost went bankrupt trying to get this rapist off the street. YOU WHO HAVE DAUGHTERS SHOULD BE ON YOUR KNEES THANKING GOD OR WHATEVER HIGHER POWER YOU BELIEVE IN THAT HE DID WHAT HE DID TO THIS CRAZED , VIOLENT , RAPIST. Your girls are safe now , be THANKFUL! This is political his daddy is mad that it 's on TV and that his son or (I am not really sure it's the son ,there are so many different reports) , whoever is a TWISTER PSYCHO. So he pulls out his CHECKBOOK and all the judges and political people too out of his BACK POCKET and now a GOOD MAN is in trouble and his family is suffering , This ,as I have already said is REDICULOUS!!!!! SP? Thanks for letting me get it out. I usually don't do these board things . Again much thanks ,now commence attacking (for those who disagree with my two cents that is lol!!)

September 22 2006 at 5:53 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
JAN

OUR GOVERNMENT, THE USA, SHOULD STAND BEHIND DOG AND FAMILY. HERE'S WHAT I SENT TO THE LEADER OF OUR "NO BACKBONE" COUNTRY:

"MR. PRESIDENT BUSH...GET INVOLVED! WHAT IF LUSTER DRUGGED, RAPED, TORTURED (AND ON TOP OF ALL THAT VIDEOTAPED HIS SICK ESCAPADES) YOUR DAUGHTERS? YOUR WIFE? THINK ABOUT IT . DO THE RIGHT THING AND KEEP DOG AND FAMILY WHERE THEY BELONG....WITH US! YOU HAVE THE POWER...USE IT!

September 22 2006 at 6:18 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
tfs

i seen that show too. he was doing everything he could to get his face in the camera.. i agree with everyone else this guy is just out to make some fast cash at someone elses expense. thats sad.. i back dog and i hope he wins this law suit. Besides why should some low life be able to committ some horrible crimes like that and be able to run to another country and get away with it... he got what he deserved and i'm PROUD OF DOG AND HIS CREW!!!!

September 21 2006 at 11:15 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
KAREN

hey jomar
did the mexicans get there memo not to break the law in the united state, well let me see uh NO. in south carolina the are stealing,cheating, and raping young girls. driving with out a license. at lease the dog and his brother,and son have the balls to put someone like this away so they can't hurt anyone again. i don't see a tv show with the name jomar the bounty hunter do we. do you have the balls, well let me see uh NO. karen

September 21 2006 at 5:41 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
CAnn

We are praying for Duane "Dog" Chapman and his family.
When Dog and his team took this preditor (Andrew Luster) off the street, justice was served to the world, now doing the right thing has cost him ,his team and family for doing something right and just.

Where is Justice for Dog and his team when he needs it? It's ok Dog and his team did a great deed for our country but what can our country do for him?
We stand by Dog and his team and hope and pray the system will not fail The Chapman's.

Taking Andrew Luster off the street saved a lot of lives and sanity and this should not be forgotten.
Luster could have harmed one of their children or someone they care about.........how would they have handled that?

Those who critize Dog and team...About the Mexican Law>>OK...how many times have you done something because you knew it was the right thing to do? OK.....nothing more to be said!!
Dog and team are right in what they did....

September 21 2006 at 5:31 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
KAREN

the respondants to elf if the mexican govt comes to us to pursuit a mexican citizen (good) we have a lot of extra mexicans. please take them back. they would be doing the us govt a great favor. if a mexican breaks the law in say texas or any state and the are arrested in georgia. the police will call texas and ask if they will come and get the prioner. they will say no or anyother state they will just let the prioner go if he is wanted in another state. but if it was a us citizen prioner you can bet they will come and get them. what dog is doing is a great thing. the judges that put the bail so high on dogs, if he had a daughter that was raped by luster and dog went and to mexico and brought him back. how would the judge feel. what would you do if this was your daughter that was raped. i know how i would feel i would be by dogs side to get this person that hurt my daughter. and the us govt would save a lot of money on this person. as you say dog is a FREAKING CITIZEN OF THE UNITED STATE SO US STAND BEHINE OUR CITIZEN. the mexican govt should thank dog for getting luster out of mexico.

September 21 2006 at 11:47 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply