August 1, 2014

Stargate SG-1: 200

by Will O'Brien, posted Aug 19th 2006 8:29AM
Off to see the wizard
(S10E05) The 200th episode of SG-1 had to be a party to make, because it's friggin' hilarious. Right after the little 'previously on stargate bit' (which worked better this time) meet the furlings... and they're wearing little furry costumes... Wait a minute. The crazy story lines start up right from the beginning.

As SG-1 reads scripts and discusses plots, we're treated to all sorts of possible story lines. The changes are usually pretty obvious, but they keep us on our toes with sneaky cuts from actual show to campy scenes. The whole episode total unadulterated fan service - I loved it.

Invisible jack is hilarious. Carter checking to see if he's in the shower was classic. Vala's attempts to make up the story were great. Her wizard of oz sequence was topped off when we see scarecrow Mitchell, Lion Daniel and tin man Teal'c. The service to Farscape was friggin' awesome. Sam playing Chiana was nice but once I saw Daniel in Browder's role I couldn't wait to see what Browder was playing. The absolute kicker was seeing Teal'c as D'Argo. I nearly fell off the couch.

Sam and Daniel messing with Mitchell over the mission file he's never read was great. Making Mitchell think that Jack's his daddy was priceless.
After this the show slowed down a little bit.

The Team America: world police spoof of Stargate went a little long, but the end delivered. I thought Daniel's head was dead on - Jacks was pretty good but Sam's just didn't seem right. It takes a while to get there, but I loved it when they finally gated out the wires are just hanging.

Teal'c PI was a great pitch, but watching Teal'c intimidate Marty over it was ever better. Then we get to the Sam and Jack wedding. Beaming in is definitely the way to go. (Unless you got splinched. That would suck.)

I'm a bit torn on the ending. I liked that they made fun of themselves with it, but I felt a little cheated. I just didn't need to see that much fake stargate action. Personally, I wanted to see them gate through and actually get some cake. (But I liked the bit about Asimov at the end)

christina hoffman

this episode was so funny! i watched it twice in the same night!! i feell off the chouch when they showed the carter/oneal wedding!! i started screaming at parts that the dog next door started to go crazy!! lol it is a good episode!!!

August 23 2006 at 11:12 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Magnum

This was a GREAT episode. I laughed through the entire thing and at times I had to pause it. At first I was upset because the furlings were Tull-a-tubbies but it was just a gag.... WOW that was close.

I love Martin's ringtone. I need to get that. I hope they put Wormhole Extreme theme someone to buy it.

August 23 2006 at 2:49 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Gerda

I have enjoyed the 200th very much.
And with jack back well it did also the ratings a lot of good. I loved the puppet scene that was realy awesome! And when Jack came in wow absolutly Jack all the way ye loved the puppet scene. Invisible Jack was hilarious I loved it yes! I saw his dog too Zoë driving the car wonderful. I also loved the Star Trek scene Amanda was good and I liked Teal 'c. You alsmost wanted to say Beem me up Scotty! I did expected more of the Wizzard of Oz though, but I loved it to land on the bad goul'd. Teal'c as PI was good it suits him. And yes the wedding scene was great and with Thor also. Jack looked gorgeous perfect! To bad they didn't eat the cake Jack wanted to eat cake! Yes the weddings scene was great. Wish they would have said in the next scene weren't we married sir? Jack: its Jack. Sam: Sorry sir. (LOL) They done a great job on the 200th and I enjoyed it all the way. And it was fantastic to see Jack 'O Neill back.

August 23 2006 at 3:20 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Brandon

I thin the whole 30815 thing might be in reference to an actual sg-1 movie as if you remember at the end of the show martin gets a call and says the movie is back on(i think this reference actually means the sg-1 movie is back on since the last attempt turned into a two part episode) and maybe 30815 translates into 3-15-08 which would be a saturday but that is just my two cents of what i kinda of picked up outside of the inside jokes and comedy.

August 21 2006 at 4:47 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Frumpy Jones

Okay.. Was it only me, or was there some sort of hidden message/Easter egg in the whole "we can't tell you about mission 30815".. I think that was the number... anyway, they said it 5 times in about 1 minute, and there was NO NEED to say it that many times...

Anyone else catch on to that?

August 20 2006 at 1:22 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Akbar Fazil

Hey Rich Keller, you are mistaken on the tone. The ring tone on Martin Lloyd's cell phone was not the stargate theme but the opening theme to Wormhole Extreme

August 20 2006 at 1:20 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Walt

I have to admit it was hard to tell the difference between Don Davis and the puppet that played the character... I think the puppet looked a bit more constipated.

August 19 2006 at 6:37 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Toby OB

I'm glad Don Davis got to partake in the 200th as well, even if he was only seen in puppet form.

August 19 2006 at 5:58 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jamie

Well, it was better than 100's "Wormhole Xtreme."

August 19 2006 at 5:30 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
chris w

I was pleasantly surprised by how enjoyable this episode was. I have been commenting on Stargates' lack of quality this season-- its tired storylines, miscast newcomers, etc. But this episode was GREAT! I just hope this energy will carryover into the remaining episodes of this (maybe the last)season.

August 19 2006 at 1:04 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply