October 25, 2014

Rock Star: Supernova: Week 8 Elimination

by Deidre Woollard, posted Aug 24th 2006 7:45AM
dilana(S02E16) My my, Dilana has a high opinion of herself. She proved this week that she is no media darling. Boasting about her large fan base is not a way to encourage voting. Ryan feels that Dilana is not humble or kind to those who are not as popular ( conveniently forgetting his own treatment of Dana). When the rockers have their press day, Dilana says that Lukas is moody and Toby and Magni are not serious about the band. Honesty or total self-destruction, I'm not sure but she sure isn't winning any fans inside the house.

Toby gets the nod as the singer to take on a Supernova track. Not bad at all. He's very strong on this track and I think he's better than Dilana was last week. It gives the band a very different feel. Last week Supernova sounded more vintage, this week they sound a little more hard rock. It doesn't hurt that this is a better song. But for the first time I actually see Toby as more than just a pretty face.

Our first bottom three rocker is Magni. How ironic that he sings Fire when he lacks so much of it himself. His performances aren't bad they just aren't galvanizing (bless Storm's heart for cheering along). All we are showcasing here is how much the house band rocks.

Patrice is up yet again. She sings Middle of the Road. I can't fault the girl, I just can't fall for her either.

Toby is big the surprise for the bottom three. After all, he just proved he can sing for Supernova and he makes the ladies swoon. He sings Plush and does a fine job with it. I have noticed though that he often doesn't seems to really get into a song until he is partly through it. As the competition gets tougher this may be a factor.

At long last Patrice gets sent home. I suspect that being on the show will be a healthy boost for her band and she seems glad for the experience.

Rebekah

Some people are really led along by reality TV. Just pretend for a minute that you are on TV in your home 24hours a day. Who would you talk to? What would you say? Please don't write Dilana off just because she said what no-one else had the guts to say. I mean really! When she wins and becomes the lead singer of the band who will care what she says and if she has hissy fits behind the scenes. People will pay to hear her voice and see her perform, which is what she does best. She is the quintessential rock'n'roll chick with such a great voice. The guys are good, Magni being my favourite, but come on, how much would you pay to hear Dilana sing live?

September 01 2006 at 4:04 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
D Harris

Dilaa's if you can talk shitt abought the other
people on the show , can you thake it if they would
do the same to you , rember it goes both ways
you treat them the some way that you would like
for them to treat you.

August 31 2006 at 5:52 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Mr. T

IT ALL COMES DOWN TO RATINGS AND WE ALL KNOW IT, SEX SELLS AND THE GIRLS BRING THAT WITH THEM INSTANTLY, BEING GAY IS FINE, BUT IN REALITY NONE OF THOSE 4 GUYS PLUS MARK BURNETE IS GAY, OR ARE THEY??? WHO KNOWS BUT BEING MACHO IS MORE COOL IN A ROCK BAND THAN SEXY. IN THE END WE ALL KNOW THAT A WORLD TOUR IS HARDER ON A WOMAN THAN A MAN, THEY HAVE MORE STAMINA THAN WOMEN DO!!! THAT IS WHY THERE AREN'T THAT MANY GIRL BANDS AND OR MANY LEAD SINGERS THAT ARE WOMEN. I KNOW THERE ARE SOME AND MORE NOW THAN EVER IT IS JUST A FACT NOT TRYING TO SOUND LIKE A MALE SHOUVANIST PIG LADIES, I'M REALLY NOT AND ISNT THAT WHAT THIS IS? IT IS, A REALLITY SHOW IN THE END AND THAT IS ALL THAT MATTERS, APPARENTLY WE WATCH OR WE WOULDN'T HAVE THE RATINGS OR ANOTHER SEASON TO MAKE MORE MONEY FOR THE BIG WIGS AND PRODUCERS. THEY ALL KNOW THAT AND I THINK IT IS TIME WE ALL DO A LITTLE (REALITY CHECK)!!! THAT SAID I WOULD LIKE TO SEE, AND THIS IS JUST ONE MANS OPPINION, ALICE AND CHAINS UP THERE WITH THE CHANCE TO PICK A NEW SINGER FOR THEIR BAND AND NOT GIVE IN AND QUIT MAKING VERY HIGH QUALITY AND VERY MEMORABLE MUSIC THAT TOUCHES U IN YOUR SOUL LIKE THEY ONCE DID. WE ALL KNOW LED ZEPPELIN SHOULD HAVE AND COULD HAVE KEPT GOING AND I BET THEY ARE SORRY ABOUT THAT DECISION, THEY DIDN'T GIVE UP MUSIC AT ALL JUST ONE PROJECT AFTER ANOTHER AND WHY MAKE THE PEOPLE WHO MAKE YOU FAMOUS TO THAT EXSTREMELY HIGH OF A THRESH HOLD SUFFER??? WE BUY THE ALBUMS, NOW C/D'S, THOSE WERE THE DAYS WHEN MUSIC WAS SIMPLE AND MEANINGFULL LIKE LIFE WAS!!! IT WASN'T HAPPY DAYS, I MISSED THAT ERA, BUT WE PLAYED TILL DARK AND PAST TILL WE WERE FORCED TO COME IN AND NO WORRIES ABOUT PEDAFILES OR KIDNAPPERS! LET THE MUSIC GO BACK TO THAT SIMPLE WHOLESOME HONEST HARD ROCK AND ROLL. LIKE A/C D/C SAID, "ROCK AND ROLL AINT NOISE POLLUTION IT'S JUST THE RHYTHM MAN"!!! ROCK ON AND IF YOUR GOING TO DO IT DO IT RIGHT, HARD AND MEANINGFULL, WITH ALOT OF HEART AND WHEN U MAKE IT TO THE TOP OF THE HEAP STAY THEIR AND DON'T KILL YOUR SELF BECAUSE U CAN'T HANDLE THE STRAIN OF BEING WHAT U WANTED IF THE FIRST PLACE!!! IT'S NOT ABOUT THE BOOZE OR WOMEN OR DRUGS, IT'S ALL ABOUT HAVING AN AVENUE TO EXSPRESS YOUR SELF! HOPE IT ALL COMES OUT OF THE WASH IN THE END...

August 29 2006 at 6:35 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Rob

Dilana is a great talent and i think she should win... That said she should just keep quiet and do what has gotten her this far.

August 29 2006 at 12:17 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
SHELLY KELLER

DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW OLD DILANA IS?

August 28 2006 at 5:43 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Linda

Let's face it guys...are we voting for talent or humbleness??? Was Dilana supposed to be imprisoned in fear of losing her fans, insecure and stuff??? Guess what...? She was playing real!!!! The problem lies on fan's expectation of perfection, which is a hell of immaturity, we are all incomplete our young souls manifests everyday She is no different but she has a talent that comes once with shooting start that should be acknowledge and safely preserved.

August 27 2006 at 2:52 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Tracey

I missed Tobys performance with the band, does anyone know where i can go online to see a video of it?

August 27 2006 at 9:59 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Mr. T

I wrote and lost an hour of good notes too u all, i want to tell u i think MR. Navarro i think that's right sory dave if it isn't, would really like some ALICE AND CHAINS, MAN IN THE BOX, WOULD to name a few, i get goose bumps on those two songs so i know other people would as well. I also think OZZY would be good, some new stuff, or MOMMA I'M COMING HOME, that song has feeling, and i know OZ FEST sells out every place it goes. take it from me, oh and how about, THE LAST IN LINE, RAINBOW,another back of the neck goose bump song. i have a whole lot more that would rock your future employers socks off, if they are wearing any, for now i think those will do, and that long eye lash ladies, I'M THE SH*T AND NUMBER ONE WITH A BULET ATTITUDE, oh how the mighty shall fall. Rock on and ignore the b.s attitude. Shock and awe dudes and dudet, time to bust some ear drums, pop a whole in TOMMY LEE'S ear DRUM, remember what Led ZEPPELIN said, "NOBODY'S FFF FAULT BUT MINE" when all is said and done nobody to blame but ME, if u don't kick it up and play that funky music white boys, and girl!!! let me know if u www want some more of my oppinions and thoughts, u never know just what little or big thing u do or don't do will work or cause u to fail by just that __ much!!! sincerely Mr. T

August 27 2006 at 3:23 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Mr. T

STAR i hit the wrong button to finish what i was saying u are easy on the eyes, and i think u should sing HEART'S "ALONE" i know that would be killer, and u also might think of a duet with some of the guys, take a chance u all have only to loose your dream, and that is a lot right now i bet!!!!!!!! it would make u look like u all care about the band and not just your selves, finally, i believe u all should do songs all the kids know from popular music, not stuff from the killers or your own stuff, it's familiarity that will work, we know the original versions, this is your chance to make them stand out in the croud. if u choose to take my advice i hope it is not too late and i think it will work and we shall see, if u want more advice let me know i'll be happy to oblige. sincerely MR.T

August 27 2006 at 2:59 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Dilana Fans

Now that the producers have made Dilana look like a bitch, it will be interesting to see if next week the "Viewers Choice" results in her getting kicked off to justify Supernova's predertermined decision of not having a woman to front their band.

August 25 2006 at 4:56 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply