October 25, 2014

2006 Emmy Award Winners - LIVE RESULTS

by Bob Sassone, posted Aug 27th 2006 8:00PM

Conan O'BrienHey, the Emmys are on NBC right now! Keep refreshing your browser if you're not watching the show as we'll have the winners as they're announced. (Winners will be in bold and underlined.)

(If you're looking for the 2007 Emmy Award winners, those are on another post.)

OUTSTANDING DRAMA SERIES

Grey's Anatomy
The West Wing
House
The Sopranos

OUTSTANDING COMEDY SERIES

The Office
Arrested Development
Two and a Half Men
Scrubs
Curb Your Enthusiasm

OUTSTANDING LEAD ACTOR IN A DRAMA SERIES

Peter Krause (Six Feet Under)
Denis Leary (Rescue Me)
Christopher Meloni (Law and Order: SVU)
Martin Sheen (The West Wing)
Kiefer Sutherland (24)

OUTSTANDING LEAD ACTRESS IN A COMEDY SERIES

Lisa Kudrow (The Comeback)
Jane Kaczmarek (Malcolm in the Middle)
Julia Louis-Dreyfus (The New Adventures of Old Christine)
Stockard Channing (Out of Practice)
Debra Messing (Will & Grace)

OUTSTANDING LEAD ACTRESS IN A DRAMA SERIES

Kyra Sedgwick (The Closer)
Geena Davis (Commander-In-Chief)
Mariska Hargitay (Law and Order: SVU)
Francis Conroy (Six Feet Under)
Allison Janney (The West Wing)

OUTSTANDING MINI-SERIES

OUTSTANDING MADE FOR TV MOVIE

Mrs. Harris
Flight 93
The Girl in the Cafe
Yesterday

OUTSTANDING LEAD ACTOR IN A COMEDY SERIES

Larry David (Curb Your Enthusiasm)
Steve Carell (The Office)
Tony Shalhoub (Monk)
Charlie Sheen (Two and a Half Men)
Kevin James (King of Queens)

OUTSTANDING WRITING FOR A VARIETY, MUSIC, OR COMEDY PROGRAM

The Daily Show
The Colbert Report
Real Time With Bill Maher
The Late Show With David Letterman
Late Night With Conan O'Brien

OUTSTANDING SUPPORTING ACTOR IN A COMEDY SERIES

Sean Hayes (Will and Grace)
Jeremy Piven (Entourage)
Will Arnett (Arrested Development)
Bryan Cranston (Malcolm in the Middle)
Jon Cryer (Two and a Half Men)

OUTSTANDING SUPPORTING ACTRESS IN A DRAMA

Candice Bergen (Boston Legal)
Sandra Oh (Grey's Anatomy)
Chandra Wilson (Grey's Anatomy)
Blythe Danner (Huff)
Jean Smart (24)

OUTSTANDING SUPPORTING ACTOR IN A DRAMA

William Shatner (Boston Legal)
Alan Alda (The West Wing)
Oliver Platt (Huff)
Michael Imperioli (The Sopranos)
Gregory Itzin (24)

OUTSTANDING SUPPORTING ACTRESS IN A COMEDY

Cheryl Hines (Curb Your Enthusiasm)
Alfre Woodard (Desperate Housewives)
Jamie Pressly (My Name Is Earl)
Elizabeth Perkins (Weeds)
Megan Mullally (Will and Grace)

Tim

Seacrest would have been a more logical choice to honor Dick Clark.

August 28 2006 at 6:23 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Aakash

With regard to my previous comment (two above): I was wondering, when I posted that last night/this morning, whether it would be re-broadcast...

Right now, I am glad to see that Bravo is showing last night's Emmy Awards ceremony! (I stumbled upon it about 45 minutes ago, when I decided to change the channel from USA Network's "Law and Order: Criminal Intent," the moment I saw the scary Nicole Wallace on there. (Just found that she has her own blog... And it's a Blogger one - not one of those that the televison shows are creating, for their characters.)

I was glad to have tuned in in time to see Tony Shalhoub get his Emmy for Monk (for my last birthday, my brother gave me a paper that he had gotten Mr. Shalhoub to personally autograph for me).

Tune in to the Bravo channel right now, to see the Emmy Awards ceremony being re-broadcast!

August 28 2006 at 6:21 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Patrick Walsh

Full Emmy Review here, check it out! Hope you like the site! Lot of tv and movie commentary...

www.patrickwalsh.blog-city.com

August 28 2006 at 5:43 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Sam

I'm just glad they saved Bob Newhart.

August 28 2006 at 10:16 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Aaron

Oh man. I came in half way through that intro. It looked awesome!!! Does anyone have a link where I could watch it on the net??? Thanks.

August 28 2006 at 7:51 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
James

Kiefer looked so cool last night.

August 28 2006 at 7:40 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Rob

Am I the only one who found leaving the airplane crash in a bit tasteless? Conan's proving himself a far better host than well.... anyone. Even Ellen's been on cruise control as of late.

Tony Shaloub is a great actor, but I can't say he makes me laugh harder than anyone on the list.

As for 24, after the way they destroyed the season in the final few episodes, I would have pointed my Drama nod to Grey's Anatomy, but then.... I wouldn't want to kill it like the Emmy did Desperate Housewives.

Best Actor in a Drama -- Dennis Leary or Hugh Laurie would have received my nod. After 5 years, Keifer is good at what he does, but the character really isn't much.

And how dare someone compare the Daily Show to SNL. THe difference is that Daily Show puts together 2 funny hours a week. SNL puts together 2 funny minutes out of 90.

August 28 2006 at 6:49 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Marco Garbelini

I can't happen to really miss Veronica Mars.

August 28 2006 at 5:43 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
debbie

i am a smart girl...lots of knowledgr into everything- i can help

August 28 2006 at 3:51 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
navalou

I watched the awards live via satellite, here in oz. I don't get The Office, everyone raves about it but it is just a copy of the UK version so why do SO many people think it's so wonderful?? Arrested Development is original and so clever and unlike The Office, it does make me laugh out loud.
I also think Dennis Leary deserved something for Rescue Me, I love that show, in particular I think the writing is extraordinary... my husband and I just sit and look at each other, smiling, throughout that show!
Maybe next year for Rescue Me but too late for AD... RIP