October 31, 2014

Meredith Vieira says The View has become a joke

by Bob Sassone, posted Aug 28th 2006 12:32PM

Lauer and VieiraEven though former co-host Meredith Vieira doesn't watch the show anymore (she's too busy getting up early and working on The Today Show), she did watch Star Jones' final show, and feels that the show has become a joke and is now hard to watch.

This is one of the many things that Vieira says in a "10 Questions" interview with Time magazine. She also talks about women who were angry with her when she left 60 Minutes, how she was raised a boy, and what kinds of stories she wants to focus on when her gig on The Today Show starts in a couple of weeks.

Sharon H

I only watched occasionally before and I was very sorry to see Meredith go. I liked her and Elisabeth, but Elisabeth never got a chance to finish a sentence. I didn't like Star at all and wasn't thrilled with Joy or Barbara. I was worried how it would go with Rosie even though I used to love her talk show. Now I love, love, love the show!!! Elisabeth gets to talk, Rosie is wonderful, Joy is even funnier with Rosie, and Barbara is better, although not great. Don't hire a fifth person; she isn't needed.

November 07 2006 at 12:10 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
zapp1st

can't understand how elizabeth, is still on the show, she acts as though she is better than the rest, when things don't go her way she act a fool,

October 26 2006 at 1:13 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Kathy

I watched on and off when Meredith and Star were on. Really liked the show. I have been watching with Rosie too. I actually like her on the show. It is very different but she is funny.

October 25 2006 at 11:12 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
starrocka

I've seen the show in a VA clinic and in the waiting room when my car was getting an oil change. That show ain't nothing but an overrated Tupperware party. These overpaid Hollyweird women gab about b.s. things that matter only to themselves. I'm surprised they don't tell locker room stories about their lovers. I mean who cares? Anyway, Rosie ain't got no talent, she's an obnoxious loudmouth who don't know when to STFU. The View has gone from bad to even worse.

October 21 2006 at 9:15 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
JoanneNewman

I agree with Meridith Vieira, the VIEW has become a joke. I've always watched the VIEW before the changes this summer 2006, but the loss of Meridith and Star has really changed the show and Rosie has done nothing to improve only to hurt the show. Now when I am home sick I nolonger watch the VIEW.
The last time the VIEW replaced someone they held auditions to find a replacement they did not do it this time, what a shame the VIEW might have got a better person.

October 21 2006 at 2:20 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Virginia

My good friend probably said it best. When i said something about the View he said "oh, you mean that horrible show where the women are rude and step all over one another while they are trying to talk?" As for the Star Jones stuff. i never cared for Star Jones. But Barbara Walters talking about how rude Star was was so hypocritical. ive seen Walters not only rude, but unreasonably ugly with people during her career and on this show. Woeking with her would be like working with the bad witch on the wizard of Oz. It made me sick when Jones left the show, and there was Barbara , doing her little monologue about how Star messed them up. Walters looked so fake and backstabbing, like she would bite the head off a childs doll. Viera always smmed like a decent person to me who did her job pretty well. As for Barbara Walters, she needs to join a womens roller derby team so she can kick, punch, bloody noses and do all the things she obviously is so fit for. and thats not a compliment, She is not a nice person. Year ago i regularly watched this show, but havent in years until the Star Jones thing happened, and I watched once. i wont anymore.

October 18 2006 at 2:26 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Venus Lamb

I was surprised when Barbara Walters announced that Rosie would be the co-host. After a month of watching (off and on) I've come to the conclusion that Rosie is still very loud, obnoxious, etc. It apprears that ABC is luring people into the studio/or audience with give-a-ways. I'm annoyed listening to Rosie's comments about her lifestyle with her partner. She's over-bearing and very proud of it. Enough already! None of the other women rarely talk about their husbands/or significant others in the same personal sense. Let's hope "The View" will iron out all of it's kinks and become the great morning show it always was. I'm still a fan. Venus

October 14 2006 at 4:03 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Carlitos

The View a "joke"? Well what do you expect when you add Rosie? I din't like Star and her ego but Rosie is obnoxious.

October 05 2006 at 1:46 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
TaraFromJersey

Yikes Louise. I hope you don't live someplace wherre there are Lesbians.hey wait they are everywhere!because people who talk about lesbians.just might not know who their neighbors are. may a nice same sex family move into your neighborhood and rock your world. one love people. kids need parents whether gay straight or what ever color you might be . we live in 2006 Louise. Grow up! Its a TV show! Cute jokes about Barbara. the woman who pioneered women in broadcasting.. tell someone else your ELvis jokes.

September 25 2006 at 12:54 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
TaraFromJersey

Thank God Rosie is on the view. I have always liked the show, even with Star. it was good with the 5 of them, I liked it the best when Lisa Ling was a co-host. I like Elisabeth, but she is such a staunch Republican. I think she is not a strong enough Personality to carry the show. I liked Joy all along but those few months when it was just the 3 of them was boring. not enough views in my opinion..
I tune in everyday or Tivo it so i can catch Rosie being the Moderator. I have missed Rosie on Daytime..!
Welcome back to TV RO! Keep up the good work and keep it funny! I do watch the Today show now that Meredith is on it, and have turned into the CBS news to see Katie. but I like the View the best.

September 25 2006 at 12:48 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply