November 28, 2014

Kyle XY: Endgame (season finale)

by Michael Canfield, posted Aug 29th 2006 7:24AM
Kyle XY(S01E10) Last week Kyle and the Trager family were surprised when Kyle's "real" parents showed up. Now this couple offers mildly plausible explanations to why Kyle has no belly button, etc., -- but they haven't heard of Professor Kern or anybody or anything else Kyle has discovered on his own about his past. And they say Kyle's real name is Noah -- reason enough for him to want to stay with the Trager family.

We're promised that this episode will answer the question: "who is Kyle XY?" (Spoilers after the jump.)

Well clearly, DNA results faked or not, there's something else here besides Kyle being Noah the long lost son of the Peterson couple. A cut-away to the "company" whose operatives continue to order each other to kill Kyle (or 781227 as they dispassionately term him) and erase all evidence of his existence, reminds us of that.

After Foss helps Kyle remember what happened that one fateful night, Kyle decides the only prudent action is to pretend he remembers the Peterson couple and to go with them, in order the remove the Trager family from any potential dangers. Kyle takes a quick time-out to dispense life-lessons to his angst-ridden teen friends. Amid heartfelt goodbyes for the Trager family and the others whom Kyle has befriended, Declan remains suspicious, and feels somewhat betrayed by Kyle's seeming unwillingness to let him in on what is really going on. But Kyle trusts him more than he knows.

The Peterson couple are not who they seem to be, but even more than that, they are not who they seem to seem to be. Kyle is taken to Adam and gets his answers, but they will hardly put him at ease. The explanation Foss reveals to Kyle for his amnesia is the simplest one possible -- but one Kyle himself would have never imagined.

In the season's cliffhanger final shot, we are back in the company's secret lair and get to see what is in that glass chamber they've been hovering over. 781228 -- that's a big number.

kylexyrocks

i have totally fell in love with this show it is one of my favorite shows right now. And the lockdown episode was by far one of my favoirtes of this season because one of my favoirte bands, Good Luck Joes had their music played in the show. It was the last song that was played at the end of the episode and i was totally surpised cause i didnt know they were going to be on the show. i love this show. www.myspace.com/thegoodluckjoes

August 30 2007 at 1:25 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Austen S.

Hey, why no coverage of Kyle XY this season???

July 24 2007 at 6:58 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Chris

kyle xy is set to return June 11 2007. i've been watching the show on Trouble as i live in the UK and am wondering if they wil air season 2. any1 know??

April 29 2007 at 5:22 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Vilgot Viking

Hi! Im from Sweden and I just watched the last episode of season one. I think Kyle XY is one of the best series out there, I dont watch alot of TV but this show keeps me up wanting more. I love the little PI game they got up on madacorp.com as well.

March 04 2007 at 11:22 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
wynter

KYLE, GREAT SHOW I HOPE IT COMES BACK

March 02 2007 at 2:06 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
kiauna

kyle your hott and you are to declan

February 02 2007 at 12:54 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Charlotte

I fell in love with the show but sadly missed the last episode. Is there somewhere I can see it? The ABC site (as far as I can tell) hasn't posted it as they did the other episodes. I'm going nuts wanting to know what happened. Is the show returning at some future time? Thanks to any and all who can answer my questions.

January 14 2007 at 9:53 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
CaHaRa

all i have to say is that Kyle is extra extremely cute!

December 20 2006 at 2:05 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
rene

I am not a huge TV program watcher, but I have my favorites. I use to be addicted to alias, till they started messing with the program and the night it would appear and I never forgave ABC for that. Kyle is also no on the best night either, and I am kind bummed that I missed the last episode, but I had a date that night. I hope they find a time slot worthy of Kyle XY, since it is probably the best shows on
TV. ABC...please don't screw this up...I like this show tremendously and hate to see it fail because of your programming deparment. Whenver you have a winnner, don't mess with it! simple advice...

September 22 2006 at 9:36 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply