April 19, 2014

Rock Star: Supernova winner leaked?

by Anna Johns, posted Aug 30th 2006 8:08AM
rock starI don't even know how this is possible. Hollywood gossip columnist Janet Charlton swears she knows who will win Rock Star: Supernova and even goes so far as to reveal the winner's name on her website. How does she know this when the show is live? The season finale and grand reveal of who will lead the new Supernova band is scheduled for September 13th.

The name of the supposed winner is after the jump:

Lukas

Good or bad choice?

Koomza

What a joke the show was and how it has left a bad taste in my mouth. From week one it was apparent to me that Lukas was the chosen one, getting compliments even when he sucked. Hands down Delana was the talent and if she was voted off, I would have stopped watching all together. It was a bummer when she sang early in the show, because there was no longer a reason to watch.
As far as the show, my feelings are that Delana was way too popular and talented for the band to select anyone else, so they began a smear campaign in the last 5 weeks to try to silence her fans, but we all know, that did not work. Can't wait to hear her album!

September 21 2006 at 12:51 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Sandy

Lucas was one of the most disgusting out of the whole group. Dilana should have been the chosen one. Did you know that he ignored his own girlfriend at the party after the show? Some showmanship! Of course the band was who picked him so they deserve him.

September 16 2006 at 9:32 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Marcus the Kiwi

OH MY GOD!!!
Delana was robbed.She was by far the best singer beaten by a pretty average one.Hey, look, being a Kiwi myself,I love Canadians, they are more like us than even Aussies.But I really wanted the best performer to win and in my opinion,I coulden't go past the cosistantly stunning performances of Delana.Her original song was an absolute killer.I think woman fans have right to be agrieved too.Storm and Delana both canned?WHAT THE!!??.......Will there ever be a female rockstar?The answer would have to be..Only if the producers engineer it that way!As for Supernova they won't see any of my cash.I'll wait until Delanas disk is out before I spend my hard earned cash.
P.S Toby and Magne both get my nice guys award.

September 14 2006 at 4:14 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
anissa

Ha, ha, ha!!! you all got fooled. Lukas 'Hot Lips' sang his ass off last night with Supernova. I am so happy he won, although I felt really bad for Magni. He was a lukewarm performer, but he had alot of heart, and yes I agree that Dilana is too old to front a bad, but she killed the Police song ' Roxanne' and it was even better because she used her mates as backups. Now that performance rocked. Lukas, however does not have much range in his voice, but I love the way he moves, kind of reminds me of..........hmmmmmmmm I don't know, STP and so it goes without saying that the guy has great charisma and a connection with the audience. Work on the range dude!!!! And congrats to ya.

September 14 2006 at 10:13 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Shelley

Looks like the leak was right..
And what a bad choice to pick Lukas..

Toby was a more natural fit to the band. Maybe they thought Toby might get all the chicks and TL might just get his throwbacks..*chuckles*

Bring on Juke Kartel!!!

September 14 2006 at 2:53 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
b

dilana fans - i hear you!

i agree that lukas has some personality on stage. but he just cannot sing. and honestly, i find his stage presence and singing very very very very very obnoxious and extremely extremely extremely unnatural.

dilana has a lot of talent. her songwriting may not be as good as say ryan star. of cos, i ave to admit that her darker feel is not quite compatible with the emo-like and college-like lousy songs supernova has written. but she can really front the band.

im boycotting supernova becos of lukas. he doesnt deserve to win. and im very sad becos tommy lee inspired me to play drums many years ago.

September 14 2006 at 2:24 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
cinderoolia

I also think that, despite Dilana's moodiness, she would be the best choice to class up this not yet existent band. Her voice is amazingly original and instantly recognizable. If her songwriting skills aren't up to Gilby Clarke's standards, he can write the songs and she'll belt them out memorably!

September 14 2006 at 12:52 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Joanne

I enjoyed all the Rockers but from the beginning I felt Dilana and Lukas would be the final two with Lukas being the winner. So Congrats to Lukas and on to next year.

September 14 2006 at 12:11 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Violet Galloway

I'm glad that Lukas won he is the best men for the job. Way to go Lukas congrats.

September 14 2006 at 12:05 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
claire

Freefinger (40) is very honest. Don't vote for your country man to be patriotic. Vote for the "best" singer. But that is the way it goes. As an aussie I thought Toby grew although he was a bit one dimensional to start with. But on looking at their final choice and the band itself, who is their target audience. Not the teenage market. Maybe not the 20's market. So it is a niche over 30's market that I am in, so I don't see the band as a long term gig. Some of the other rockers can surely make a great solo career and although they miss out on this initial fame and fortune, I am sure they can make it if they stay on track and fight for it. They have a track record now.

Go Toby
Go Magni

Dilana - She can sing in a gravelly way.
Storm rocks.
Ryan was terrific but better than this.

September 13 2006 at 11:03 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply