December 26, 2014

Crocodile Hunter Steve Irwin killed -- BREAKING NEWS

by Anna Johns, posted Sep 4th 2006 1:00AM
steve irwin; crocodile hunter; australia zoo
Steve Irwin, also known as The Crocodile Hunter, has been killed. Aussie media and CNN are reporting that he was killed by a stingray barb that went through his chest. He was snorkeling at north Queensland's Batt Reef at the time, where he was filming an underwater documentary. A friend of his told CNN that Irwin accidentally swam up on top of a stingray in the sand and it attacked, out of self defense.

Steve Irwin became a reptile enthusiast at a young age. He was only eight years old when his father moved the family to Queensland and opened up a small reptile park. Irwin took over the family business in 1991 and turned it into the Australia Zoo. According to Wikipedia, The Crocodile Hunter television show was created in 1992 from footage of crocodile trapping/antics on his honeymoon with his American wife, Terri. His outrageous personality made him an instant hit in the United States.

Irwin was 44 years old. He leaves behind a wife, Terri, and two young children, Bob and Bindi.

brianne

terry, bindi and bob i love you guys. steve was the best!!! he will be missed... CRIKEY!!!!!!!!

November 18 2006 at 1:42 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Mrs. Carol Wallace

We the people of the world have truly lost a wonderful free soul who educated all of us about the animal kingdome. The animals around the world have also lost a true ambassador that understood and loved them like no other. Steve you will forever be in our hearts and our prayers go out to your beautiful young family and extended family. May we take what we learned from our Mr. Steve Irwin and help make the world a safer and more understood place between humans and animals.
Goodbye friend!!!

October 14 2006 at 11:28 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Kelsey

Steve although I didnt watch much of you, you will always be rembered by me and the rest of your fans Rest in Peace Steve

September 27 2006 at 8:01 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
keysha Rodriguez

i cant believe this has happened. steve-o im gonna miss you man i grew up with you and wish my 1 month old could too but thats what bindi is there for ur one of a kind an i love you mate.May god bless you and ur family....Be strong Terri were all here for you.

September 21 2006 at 2:46 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Louis Seidl III

When I first saw Steve for the first time..wow the power of energy he brought to the world to connect people with animals through media. A hugh fan of Steve I was on the computer when I got the message. I was devistated and in shock and cannot even imagine what Terri is going through. Yes I cried as well!
I watched the memorial- I like Terry was in tear and speechless. About 5 years ago when I saw Steve I wanted his energy and enthusiam that impacted my life.
My prayers go out to Terry and family! Terry you need anything..you have my love and support. I will miss Steve! My heart is involved!

September 20 2006 at 12:49 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Reita Reeves

My dad had dimentia and he could get very worried and I turned on Steve Irwin on tv and he would settle right down and laugh out loud at the Croc Hunter. Thanks & God bless you and your family.

September 15 2006 at 4:25 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
shaylee

when i first heard about it i was shocked and i didnt believe anyone to i got home and i am so proud of bindi to hold a very hard secret to bob and terri was not trying to upset the kids that is awesome andsteve you can "rest in peace" from all of all fans

September 14 2006 at 6:24 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Monica

omg i couldnt belive steve died! tht wuz a big shock! when i heard it on the radio im like what? steve died no! he wuz a great man & i love his shows so much! STEVE RIP! now you are in heaven carin for the animals tht no one was brave enough to go near! STEVE BLESS YOU,YOUR WONDERFUL FAMILY & THE CREW! my heart goes out to your family,friends & most of all the crew who was with you!

GOD BLESS EVERYONE FROM THE CRODCILE HUNTER SHOWZ!

♥Monica

September 12 2006 at 12:33 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Riley Wakeford

Deeply shocked and saddened by this news. My thoughts are with Terri, Bindi and Bob and with his dad. Steve, I loved watching your shows and was one of your South African fans.

September 11 2006 at 6:25 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Connie

Our most heartfelt sympathy and prayers are extended to Steve's wife and children. He was wonderful, and he will be deeply missed. Steve's talents and expertese was amazing, truly one of the bravest men among his field. His ability to make everyone smile while teaching all of us to appreciate and respect the critters he loved will be a legend that should carry on in the documentaries he created. May Steve always be remembered for his work and super personality,and we pray he rests in peace. God bless his family.

September 08 2006 at 7:50 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply