July 31, 2014

Another arrest: Lost tailies can't drive

by Anna Johns, posted Sep 5th 2006 1:57PM
adewale akinnuoye-agbaje; mr ekoAdewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje, who plays Mr. Eko on ABC's Lost, was arrested early Saturday morning in Waikiki, Oahu. Police charged him with disobeying a police officer and driving without a license. He spent six hours in jail before posting $500 bail.

This is the third new cast member to be arrested for traffic violations. Adewale's infractions don't seem as serious as last year's drunken driving arrests of Michelle Rodriguez and Cynthia Watros. The two actresses played 'Ana Lucia' and 'Libby' up until the season finale when the writers killed the pair off.

I guess Bernard is next. I'm thinking he'll be busted for indecent exposure. Or hit and run, since there seems to be a traffic theme.

Jeff

Gee, these people aren't any different then the rest of us. They screw up just the same, the only difference is that when they do it, it becomes tabloid fodder for the gossip hungrey public. And then just like anyone else would do, you try to get out of it as easy as you can, so you throw out the old.."Do you know who I am" line and the cop says "Hmmm,President Millard Fillmore???" and the guy gets all upset because he just made an a%s of himself. Then he gets all huffy the cop didn't recognize him. Same old same old...BS. Sounds like he got a break but maybe he made nice with the cop after realizing he was an a%s and it reflected in his $500 fine. For all we know the cop said don't turn there and he turned anyway, disobeying a police officer doesn't mean he 'clocked' him one and they rolled in the dirt!

September 06 2006 at 11:52 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Adam

Re: the 6hr/$500.00 I'm a regular guy who was pulled over a few years ago. My inspection had expired (resulting in the pullover) Then it was discovered that my licence had been suspended becaues of a clerical error in another state, but the result was the same No Valid Licence. I was arrested. My bail was $120, and it was about 4 hours tops. At my court date, there were far more serious things than a licence in fromt of me (several people brought lawyers) that the DA said "just go" and deeclined to prosceute. At last check, I was not on a TV show, so 6 and $500 are no big deal

September 06 2006 at 11:34 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Lady D

Give these people a break! They are no different from anyone else, except they are celebrities. Celebrities are not afforded the luxury of a closet to hide their skeletons in. They are constantly under the magnifying, and many times unjust, scrutiny of the public eye. Have you never done anything wrong? If you say you have not, you are a liar! I am not condoning the irresponsible actions of celebrities or anyone else. But I am not crucifying them for them either. I am sure Mr. Akinnuoye-Agbaje will be held accountable for his actions when he gets his day in court. Until then, he has gotten what any other tax paying citizen, who has no previous record would have gotten, released on bail!

September 06 2006 at 11:17 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
jon

Gosh I had the same incident, and im not an actor but could 1, 6hrs and 500 smackers is not close to what i got, try like 24hrs and 2 grand not including the the court date crap im gonna have to also recieve on top of them suspending my license at that time, at least i had it on me they should have deducted 500 for that LOL..

September 06 2006 at 11:04 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
sheri

Coming from a mother who's son was killed by a drunk driver. The actors need to remember our kids look up to them. The courts need to charge them the same as if they aren't a celebrity. Set the example so our kids know it's wrong. What makes them think they are above the law and can disobey and officer. I know he didn't kill anyone he was just lucky. They should walk a day in my shoes then they would understand.

September 06 2006 at 11:01 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
rob

Why are these "celebs" held in such high esteem in our country? Its a joke..half of them never finished high school and yet we hang on every stupid opinion they give regarding life,love etc...most of them cant survive in a relationship for more than a year despite their looks and fame..and many of them are totally full of themselves and feel theyre entitled to more than others ..I hate celebrities!!!

September 06 2006 at 10:55 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
I\'mAbelieverNow

...what ever happen to the day when cast members ran around town in a limo? The DUI's could have been avoided and MADD member's would have found other things to complain about. On the other hand...the members of DAMM (Drunks Against Mad Mother's) were infuriated to learn of these arrests. I guess that a quick fix to this would be to move the filming to an out island nearby and provide free transportation for all members of the show.

September 06 2006 at 10:37 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Aimee in Little Rock

It does seem to be some kind of strange coincidence for the Lost castmembers. You don't exactly hear about similar stories with other television shows.

September 06 2006 at 10:36 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Shari

This is one extremely HOT man!
Loved him in OZ and love him on LOST.

September 06 2006 at 10:28 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Vicki

Is there something about actors that makes them irresponsible and feel above the law?

September 06 2006 at 10:13 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply