August 23, 2014

Sesame Street abroad

by Adam Finley, posted Sep 5th 2006 6:02PM
sesame street egyptEvery day, I receive about one hundred e-mails demanding I post a video of a foreign version of Sesame Street. I also receive about the same amount of e-mails each day from people demanding I stop lying about people wanting to see a foreign version of Sesame Street. At any rate, after the jump you can see what Sesame Street looks like in another country, though you won't see any familiar faces, just a big green guy and a blue genie. You might notice the green fella is created in the same manner as Big Bird, whereas the puppeteer uses one hand for the head and the other hand for the left arm while the right arm remains motionless. I can't understand what either of them or saying, but I think it has something to do with the Denver Broncos, or possibly herb gardening. Check it out:

amr koura

Being the show's executive producer I can shed some light on that. This is the Egyptian version of Sesame Street. The two muppets are Nimnim and Filfil and they are the most popular characters in teh Arab world for all children under 8. Why is it dubbed in Farsi and who did it, is beyond me. In Egypt we do not have microphones pop like that. Check it out on www.alkarma.com
Amr Koura

September 07 2006 at 11:43 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
adam

I am Half egyptain , and I actually watch sesame street, a lot in the egyptian TV , as a matter of fact , at the begining of the mytube video, there is an arbic written sign , over the Grocery store, what is the fuss about, All of you guys need a lesson in geography , to mix between Arabic and Farsi , is like mixing between Orange and Mango, please i need some body to explain to me the problem ?

September 06 2006 at 2:58 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
James Wojtal Jr

Im the guy who built his head, as far as i Know the show was built for Egypt, but that does not mean that it wasnt also dubbed into other dilects in the middle east ,

September 05 2006 at 11:14 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
forzaq8

its the egyptian Sesame Street but with farsi dub

September 05 2006 at 8:16 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
TVGenius

Has Egypt (or wherever, seeing as how the title changed while I was commenting...) not heard of pop filters for microphones???

September 05 2006 at 6:47 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Adam Finley

I'm getting mixed singles on what the hell this is exactly so I changed the post a bit. You guys may be right, but other sources are telling me differently.

September 05 2006 at 6:43 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Adam Finley

The guy who created the puppets left a comment on YouTube saying the show is from Egypt. Here's his site:

But I wouldn't know one way or the other.

September 05 2006 at 6:38 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Borat

It's not Arabic, but Farsi (Persian).

September 05 2006 at 6:35 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
buzaw0nk

That is definately not Arabic, maybe Persian?? But not Egyptian. Sorry.

September 05 2006 at 6:09 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply