October 22, 2014

Desperate Housewife Marcia Cross is pregnant

by Anna Johns, posted Sep 7th 2006 9:46AM
marcia crossIt seems like just yesterday that Marcia Cross was telling Oprah that she needed a boyfriend. Now she's married... and pregnant (my math shows the marriage happened first). Her publicist confirms that she's due in April. That will definitely conflict with this season's shooting schedule. I wonder if they'll strategically place pillows and shrubs in front of her belly or if Bree Van de Kamp will get pregnant?

What do you think? Should they write in the pregnancy or ignore it?

Related:
Desperate Housewives sex scene leaked on YouTube
Marcia Cross got married

John

Marcia Cross has already said on tv that they have decidded not to write her pregnancy into the show. She is however expecting twins so I don't know how they are going to be successful at hiding the fact that she's pregnant by the time this season ends. I think having her pregnant would be a great story line because she told George, the psycho pharmacist she did not want to have any more kids, and she's having so many problems with her two almost grown kids that I think it would be hilarious to see her trying to deal with them, a husband with some big secrets, a pregnancy, and a new baby all while maintaining a spotless house and yard and not getting a single hair out of place.

November 03 2006 at 9:58 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
mary alice

I am just happy for Marcia and her husband. It is nice to hear some good news in this world. The producers of the show will do a good job with whatever they decide. You go, Marcia!!!

September 08 2006 at 8:18 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Gail Drayton

WOW! What a great idea. I would love to see Brie pregnant on the show. The writer's could have a wonderful time with that story line. So many ways it could go. Last season was a little disappointing, so this could really shake things are and get the viewers back. I don't think they should have anything happen or wrong with the baby, seeing she is pregnant in real life. Bad luck!!!

September 08 2006 at 8:13 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Patti

I think ABC should hire Leni to write for the show! The idea she came up with is BRILLIANT!! Sounds just like what the writers would've come up with on that wacky probram!!! Kudos to you Leni!!!!

September 08 2006 at 8:05 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Carol

I hope the writers read these sites. What a great idea to have Bree carry Gabrielle and Carlos baby. With Gaby wanting the perfect baby's mom and Bree fitting that to a "T", it could lead to a great story line way into the future -- i.e., Bree's meddling after giving up the baby, etc. DO IT, Yeah!!!

September 08 2006 at 8:04 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Judy

I think they should write it in, but in a twist sort of way, just like the show itself. Bree, is getting mental help because of her breakdown. Well, how could Bree become pregnant if she was in the mental facility? Oh-Oh, someone has been slipping bree something to help her sleep, while they have sex with her? Now wouldn't that be fitting in the show of the Desperate Housewives?

September 08 2006 at 7:35 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Carol

I think its time for Marcia Cross to leave the show...I have never thought of her as a good actress...not since One Life to Live...lol. I think a different actress could spice up the show a bit more than she does...

September 08 2006 at 6:49 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Lynne

The show needs a little spicing up. Let it be the teenage gardners. Seriously, I like the idea of her getting pregnant the night she was drugged by the pharmacist. Don't hide it!

September 08 2006 at 6:20 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
John Ernst

Hope the writers have read Leni's suggestion, sounds like a winner to me.

September 08 2006 at 6:14 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
John Ernst

Hope the writers have read Leni's suggestion, sounds like a winner to me.

September 08 2006 at 6:13 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply