April 25, 2014

Anna Nicole Smith's son found dead

by Joel Keller, posted Sep 11th 2006 11:01AM
Daniel and Anna Nicole SmithDaniel Smith, the twenty-year-old son of Anna Nicole Smith, was found dead yesterday in the Bahamas hospital where his mother had just had a baby. According to the AP, there is currently no word on how he passed away; Anna Nicole's attorney, Howard K. Stern, says the cause is under investigation.

Remember that Daniel was a prominent player in Anna Nicole's reality series The Anna Nicole Show, so he's not unfamiliar to TV viewers. Of course, the death of such a young man, compared with the wacky life his mother leads, is going to make people speculate right away that drugs were involved. But at this point, no one knows the cause.

By the way, the picture above was taken by the AP in 1999, when Daniel was 13.

Related:
Son of Anna Nicole's ex-husband dies
Say it ain't so! Anna Nicole is pregnant
Supreme Court supports Anna Nicole Smith

Lloyd DeLamater

Anna I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your son. I know how rouph it is as I have lost all (3 three) of my children and can't even get the puplic to hear how I lost them. I think I could have saved at least 2 of them. My daughter Chris was the last to go right after I did retire in CA Jan 4 2000. It is still hard for me to except her loss. Anyway you are in my prayers...Best wishes Lloyd Feel free to send me email

November 04 2006 at 4:45 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Red

I do beleive in reincarnation. Maybe Anna's Daughter would not have been trueing born into the world until one was gvn up. And all these accusations of drugs are piontless. My older brother died when he was just 21 from a heart attack. and no drugs were involved. My heart and prayers go out to Anna and the new baby

September 18 2006 at 11:18 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Pam

My heart goes out to Anna Nicole...My son also died in the bahamas this past June he was only 14...I know the heart ache and the pain ...he was in the same hospital...but passed for a different reason. My thoughts and prayers are with her.

September 16 2006 at 4:46 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
stacie

Everyone needs to stop judgeing all you see is what is on camera you know nothing about what went on in her life or how she raised her son all anyone sees is what she did to make her money that does not mean she was or is a horriable person. So she chose a strange life style not everyone can be a doctor or lawyer and and the lifestyle she chose gave her the ability to give her son any and everything he wanted. People realy need to look at them selves and think about how you would feel in her situation noone is the perfect parent and half the people who have something to say about her are screwing up thier kids as we speak so i say BACK OFF

September 16 2006 at 6:07 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
stacie

it is so sad that a mother would have to go threw something as horriable as the loss of a child at a time that is suppossed to be wonderful i send my deepest sympathy to her and her family

September 15 2006 at 10:24 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
charlene kaminsky

Anna Nichole is not the victim here. Her poor son is, Having his mothers taudry life played out for all to see while he seemingly raised himself on the side lines of a freak show that posed as a family. If you have a child you can still have fun but "Girls Gone Wild" ends with conception.
Still no one deserves this.
That said the coincidence makes one wonder if she is some how involved.
I do not hate Anna and I even own a DVD , but a whack job is a whack job mother or not. And yes I have 3 kids

September 14 2006 at 10:58 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
atlantis

jaeda...let me guess. You're a cold hearted soul and must not have kids, right? I don't care how crazy she was or wacky, I have never hated her. I think it was because on her reality show that she showed her son alot of attention and love. Other than that, I may not have liked her either. But it just showed that she is a human being with feelings toward her child, and I could never imagine going through losing any of mine. (My oldest son is 21 and I am 37.) I really do feel sympathy for her on this one. Just the thought of going through something like that makes me want to cry. Very sad. =(

September 13 2006 at 10:21 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
WandaShirley and Kevin Holland

Our hearts and thoughts are with you at your time of loss we will pray for your peace of mind. . You now have a beatiful angel looking out over you we are from NEW ORLEANS and we lost a great deal of children but nothing compares with the loss of ones own . Our prayers are with you and your daughter and all that had the privilege of having known and loved Daniel.And please do not let the ignorent fools that pass negativity toward you hurt my Dear.Daniel knows he was loved God knows one always saw that in your eyes....our heart felt love Wanda and Kevin.

September 13 2006 at 9:11 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Kris

I am horrified at some of these nasty comments! What is wrong with some of you people? This women has lost her child! Nobody deserves that heartbreak. As a mother, I can not even imagine what losing a child would be like. Anna, my heart goes out to you!

September 12 2006 at 9:47 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jaeda

It`s very sad but if you think about it what if she planned this, I mean she did have a baby than have her other son die it`s a little strange. I say Fuck Anna and start looking at the real picture cause she`s not.

September 12 2006 at 5:38 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply