September 19, 2014

Star Wars Episodes 7 through 107 on TV?

by Michael Canfield, posted Sep 11th 2006 8:07PM
George LucasGeorge Lucas is done with Star Wars films but is looking to give the series an even longer life, "with over" 100 television episodes, according to Starpulse News Blog. No word on whether these will be animated, like Clone Wars, or even if it will be one continuous series. He seems pretty definite on the number 100 though, which is the magic number for syndication. Why not look for a deal that guarantees syndication up front, if you've got the clout?

I'm sure Lucas can write his own ticket and generate more Star Wars content in any format he wants. I did love The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles, anyway -- though maybe I'm the only one.

Tony

I heard about this in a star wars magazine sometime ago. George Lucas was being interviewed and gave some details. He did say it would take place between episodes 3-4. He also said it would be a live action series and it would be based mostly off of some spin off characters and not the main characters. For further details here is a quote from Star wars insider issue #82 (august 2005)

When asked about what characters he said "There's none of the main characters from I,II, and III (or IV, V, VI for that matter) in the..." he stopped in midsentence. "Well, actually, that's not exactly true now that I think about it. We haven't actually started the TV show, so it's hard to answer. There are a lot of issues that are connected, but you won't necessarily see a lot of people that are connected."

This was a year ago so i'm sure there are more details out there now.

September 13 2006 at 1:14 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
StarkRG

I'd ask him next time he comes into the store (I work at Borders in San Rafael) but I don't think he would want that. And besides, he's probably going to be even more scarce than usual (I've only seen him three or four times in the store, only helped him once) over the next few weeks with the new old versions coming out today...

September 12 2006 at 7:56 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
lee

from what they say it will be a 100hr live atcion series all shot back to back to back...they are shooting non stop becuase the key characters are younger. If they shot on a normal tv schedule the children would age too much by episode 100. Its all over the star wars news sites,incase anyone wants to learn more.

September 12 2006 at 4:14 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Keith L. Dick

"OverKill" and I'm tired of hearing about it... Like he doesn't have enough money as it is...

Oh!!!, let's release some more "Star Wars CD's" this time we include a "FEW Extras" for ya...

September 12 2006 at 3:24 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
yatesy

I love TYIJC too. I was really very disappointed it got cancelled. I think it was a little ahead of it's time and would have done better on cable then on ABC.

September 12 2006 at 12:11 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Anthony

Wow. First I've heard of it.

September 12 2006 at 12:09 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Cross777

How can this be episode 7 thru 107 when he claimed the TV show would take place After episode 3 and Before episode 4???

September 11 2006 at 9:48 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Justin

Uh, this is news? Welcome to 2005. Population: you!

September 11 2006 at 8:29 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply