July 25, 2014

Who's that girl?

by Anna Johns, posted Sep 11th 2006 9:44AM

I was over at RetroJunk the other day, watching opening sequences to my favorite '80s cartoons, when I came across this little gal. I used to watch her on a certain Disney Channel program that had singing and dancing kids on it and, when I saw her again I instantly recognized her as someone who is pretty darn famous today.

Who is she?

Click on the jump to find out.

fergie
It's Fergie, of the Black-Eyed Peas. Before she sang about her London Bridge and her Humps, she was an innocent, blonde-haired girl named Stacy Ferguson, who sang and danced in a very non-sexual way on Disney's KIDS Incorporated. And yes, I did use the sluttiest picture of her that I could find.

Gordy

Looks like a the drag queen Ferg D'Ville.

September 11 2006 at 2:05 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
kerry

That's the sluttiest picture you could find? I swear I've seen worse. What about the one where she peed her pants?
Okay, so maybe that's not really a "slutty" picture, per se. But it still cracks me up.

September 11 2006 at 2:01 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Preston

They should put Kids Incorporated on DVD in the future-- two to three-CD sets of episodes from those shows' seasons. It could sell good and have a second wind of its own for today's kids growing up now in an Ipod/Internet world. It was fun back in the '80s, lots of musical and ensemble performances.

September 11 2006 at 1:27 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Preston

Fergie's a whole lot different today, going for a sexier look. I remembered when she was in Wild Orchid, who sounded like three Mariah Careys in a group, and that didn't work with that good but poorly selling pop album. I think she's done superb with the Black Eyed Peas and that her new solo single went to No. 1 that quick--it started at No. 84 two weeks before its No. 1 peak! (None of that long 10 week run up the chart) It's very interesting that you showed that early clip when she was on Kids Incorporated. I thought that she looked like Lisa Whelchel's Blair character on NBC's The Facts of Life, another '80s hit. A lot of girls were styling their hair like that back then.

September 11 2006 at 1:23 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Kurifurisan

I still have that tape...listening to Cruel Summer right now while in shock that Fergie was a girl I had a huge crush on way back then.

September 11 2006 at 12:14 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Danny Edwards

Jennifer Love Hewitt started out on KIDS Incorporated as well.

September 11 2006 at 10:52 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
ooda

Sigh, it's a pity about what happened to her face.

September 11 2006 at 10:08 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Missy

KIDS Incorporated was awesome! I had the tape of their songs and played it all the time!

September 11 2006 at 10:06 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply