August 22, 2014

Alanis Morissette to guest star on Nip/Tuck

by Richard Keller, posted Sep 12th 2006 7:31PM

Alanis Morrisette to guest on Nip/TuckSinger Alanis Morissette has signed on to guest star in three episodes of the FX drama Nip/Tuck. During her run she will play the lesbian girlfriend of Dr. Liz Cruz (Roma Maffia). The show itself, which recently kicked off its fourth season on FX, has already included guest stars Larry Hagman and Kathleen Turner into its story lines.

While now known primarily as a signer singer, Alanis is no stranger to television. Back in 2000 she guest-starred on HBO's Sex and the City where she shared an on-screen kiss with Sarah Jessica Parker during a game of spin the bottle. Recently she's been seen on American Dreams and Degrassi: The Next Generation.

And, of course, how can we forget that her career began on a little known show called You Can't Do That on Television, which was a staple on Nickelodeon for the longest time. I wonder if she got slimed at any time during her tenure on the show.

Related:
Rosie O'Donnell starring in a Nip/Tuck spin off?

Nip/Tuck lines up celebrity guests for next season

Rich Keller

It is now 'Sex and the City'.

September 17 2006 at 9:37 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Rich Keller

The spelling is fixed.

September 17 2006 at 9:32 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
jess

David your point of view is so outdated. How Do you even know how to use a computer?

September 17 2006 at 7:30 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jesse

David, I hate to inform you that it's 2006, not 1926... You should remove your head from your ass and think twice before bringing your bullshit around.

September 17 2006 at 6:39 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jesse

David, I hate to inform you that it's 2006 ,not 1926... Deflate your head a little and remove it from your ass.

September 17 2006 at 6:36 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Sam

"Signer" should be "singer," and "Sex in the City" is "Sex AND the city." I agree with Todd, please proofread!

September 17 2006 at 6:32 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jamie

Gay and Lesbian themes on TV is excellent for diversifing a country which is behind the times on all things considered socially "acceptable". I'm a southern girl, also a lesbian. For any of you from the south, homosexuality is not something typically seen as acceptable. I was in the Army for 4 years before being kicked out because of my lesbianism. Despite my honorable service to this country that I love so very much. I praise the networks anytime gay and lesbian themes are presented for viewers. It gives me hope that maybe one day our country will be able to accept love, regardless of gender.

September 17 2006 at 6:16 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Lee

I Luv Nadine! I luv Nadine!
I'm a true fan.
= - O

Lee

September 17 2006 at 6:05 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Neal

David.. grow up !!

September 17 2006 at 6:01 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
David

Lesbian/gay stuff on television...the world is nuts... it wasn't long ago that "Tootsie" was a R rated movie. Now it's accepted as rather normal for these behaviors.

September 17 2006 at 5:54 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply