April 23, 2014

Dancing with the Stars: Results Show

by Brett Love, posted Sep 14th 2006 11:32AM
Dancing with the StarsS03E02 - As Tom says, "The ballroom can be so cruel." It's the results show, and somebody has to go. But not yet. First we have to wait. And then Tom and Samantha have to fill. Then a Tom Jones performance. Maybe two of those. Add in a little stalling. And finally we'll find out just what happened. My point, this should probably be a half hour results show.

Anyway... Emmit and Cheryl get things started with the encore performance of their Cha Cha Cha from the previous night. They're followed up by Tom Jones performing 'It's Not Unusual' while Louis Van Amstell and Karina Smirnoff dance. My guess is that Mario & Karina didn't get the encore because she was already scheduled for this performance. And the producers know they have plenty of weeks left to give them an encore.

After audience reactions that included Holly Robinson Peete and Nicole Sullivan, we finally get some results. The first four safe couples are Harry & Ashley, Emmit & Cheryl, Jerry & Kim, and Vivica & Nick. Jerry isn't even in the bottom three. That's curious. Next we see the story of a viewer that is going to be learning dances over the course of the series. Now, she seems like a nice woman, and looks to be enjoying herself, but this just didn't interest me at all.

The pro's come out to do a pretty dang impressive mambo number before the judges are asked who they think should go home. Len picks Shanna & Jesse, Bruno picks Tucker & Elena, Carrie Ann picks Sara & Tony. Tom returns to do 'She's A Lady'. He still sounds really good. After stretching even more, Tom and Samantha announce the bottom three couples of Tucker & Elena, Shanna & Jesse, and surprise surprise surprise, Willa & Maksim. I didn't see that coming. In the end Tucker & Elena go home. It's hard to argue against that.

And the mystery star? My guess is Donnie Osmond.He's a little bit rock-n-roll if I remember right.

Fred Rawlinson

I would like to know the name of the song that the dancers dance to. It was the mambo dance. Also I like the name of the artist. Thank you Fred Rawlinson

November 17 2006 at 2:46 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
G

If you Comcast DVR it--you can play it, stop it and hit "play from end." It cuts in nicely to the last 2 or so minutes. All I had to watch was Tucker's awkward last dance!

September 15 2006 at 12:19 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Hiem

I would like to know if anyone know that name of the mambo on which the group performed their dance.
Thank you all. hiem30@yahoo.com

September 14 2006 at 10:45 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Pat

Mario says he has never had any formal dance experience. Check out this link:

September 14 2006 at 6:40 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
phil

I think this results show is better than american idol's results show. why do they have to make it so confusing with the results -- it seemed simpler with the season 2 results where they just announced who is safe -- here we have each couple being asked the question of their safety and then dwindled down to the bottom three -- why not just go through the couples that are safe and then leave the bottom three. It's a bit confusing, maybe my post is confusing, ha!

September 14 2006 at 6:05 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
PastaQueen

I think Jerry could be around for awhile because he's got lots of fans who will call in and vote for him even if he falls on his ass. After his performance the whole crowd was shouting "Jer-ry! Jer-ry!" like they do on his talk show. Popularity can be just as important as actual dancing skill on this show.

September 14 2006 at 11:58 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Tammy

The hour long format must get ratings and it's much better than their first half hour recap and second half hour live show they did last year. I always tape DWTS, both shows, because of the filler. I enjoy seeing the performances and the practice footage but there are just too many commercials and too much filler. It's still enjoyable fluff for my VCR and I save the better stuff for the Tivo.

September 14 2006 at 11:42 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply