August 29, 2014

Which new show are you most looking forward to?

by Bob Sassone, posted Sep 14th 2006 4:17PM

Six Degrees

Over at TV.com they're doing a special poll to see which new shows readers are most looking forward to. So what do you think is the #1 show?

Nope. It's Six Degrees.

All I can guess is that people with an interest in the show are clicking and clicking and clicking. Either that, or I completely underestimate the power of having J.J. Abrams' name on a project.

The other top shows on the list are 30 Rock, Ugly Betty, Studio 60, and Brothers and Sisters. Take a look and see what show got what numbers. And let us know in the comments below the one show you're most looking forward to.

For me, it's Studio 60.

[thanks to Jason]

Destin

People can't be excited about 6 Degrees because of the print and subway ads. Those things look like cheap promos for a local news team.

September 15 2006 at 10:29 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Heather

Jericho
The Nine
Studio 60

To be quite honest I wasn't going to watch any new shows this season as I already watch way too much tv to begin with but these shows look promising.

September 15 2006 at 8:32 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Underseen

Jerico
Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip
and
Heros

those are my big three

im very curious to see how they progress in the Nine as well

September 15 2006 at 3:19 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
erroneous_nick

Caprica, if or when it makes it to air.

September 14 2006 at 11:08 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
kel

I totally understand where some people are coming from. I hate when something is overhyped (Snakes on a Plane! So glad that failed). I have seen the Studio 60 pilot however, and it was great, so I'm looking forward to this premiere the most.

September 14 2006 at 8:12 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Amy

I, too, am tired of Studio 60 - overkill on the hype to the point where I don't WANT to watch it regardless of how good it is. I'm waiting for Traveler more than anything else this season.

September 14 2006 at 5:54 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Man

Jericho

September 14 2006 at 5:45 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Bob Sassone

Frank: it certainly worked with Sports Night, and that was a show about the inner workings of a sports network.

September 14 2006 at 5:28 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jordy

For me it's Brothers and Sisters. I'm a big fan of both Calista Flockhart and Rachel Griffiths, so I hope to see them interacting substantially.

September 14 2006 at 5:24 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Frank

The Aaron Sorkin lovefest MUST STOP.

It hasn't even gone on the air yet, and I'm ALREADY sick of hearing about Studio 60.

Are you all sure that the "treating every little thing like it's the most important thing in the world" style that Sorkin brings to his show will work on a show about the inner workings of a weekly sketch comedy show?

Yeah, it worked on West Wing, but in that case, issues often were the most important things in the world.

Also, I don't know who Amanda Peet slept with to get this role, but if you've seen the pilot, she seems TOTALLY mis-cast in the role, and could single handedly take down this show.

September 14 2006 at 5:15 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply