September 17, 2014

Alicia Silverstone signs on to another television series

by Anna Johns, posted Sep 15th 2006 9:33AM
alicia silverstoneAfter some rocky negotiations, Alicia Silverstone has agreed to play a role in a mid-season NBC comedy, The Singles Table. The series is about a group of people who bond when they keep getting put at wedding reception tables with each other because they're all dateless. Silverstone will play a doctor who realizes she has no social life.

This is actually Silverstone's third attempt at series television. You may remember she starred in the short-lived NBC series Miss Match in 2003 and she didn't make it on to television earlier this year with a failed pilot for ABC called Pink Collar. This time, however, we can expect to see her on television as NBC has already committed to airing the comedy at mid-season.

Related:
More casting news: Silverstone, Coolidge, Dale join pilots

Inlove

I think she has alot of talent and is very humble, She is a beautiful woman who I adore.

September 20 2006 at 2:02 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jeremy Fortner

The truth is the A.S. has been in a lot of films and was great in all of them. The girl in Legally Blonde totally got all her stuff from Clueless. It was like watching a bad remake of Clueless. She was great in Crush and Joel Schumck hates women and made her look bad in that Batman film. The guys had nipples on their costumes, where were hers? The guys always looked perfect every scene, (thanks make up & lighting). It screwed with her career. Women stay away from Joel S. And boys, well....whatever!

September 20 2006 at 1:00 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jeanne

I look forward to seeing this show. Ms Silverstone is a wonderful actress.

September 20 2006 at 12:50 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
April

I can't wait to see Alicia on a new sitcom. I definitely will watch it. She's such a great person with strong morals. She fights for animal rights, the environment and is just an all around good person (I've met her).

Here is a good interview she had with Ellen:

September 20 2006 at 12:46 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Cheryl Owens

Gee, RON - You must be referring to her "character" in Clueless. I assume you haven't seen her in anything else - and by the way, it was a CHARACTER in a movie and not her in real life. Get a grip, guy.

September 20 2006 at 12:08 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Keith

Hmmmm.....sounds like they are trying to combine different versions of Seinfeld, Friends, Three's Company, and MASH all into one. Sounds like a pretty dumb concept and will undoubtedly be canceled after it's first season (if it makes it THAT far)

My question is this....If this show is about all these people who are dateless and have no social lives, then WHO the hell is getting married and inviting all the same people to the weddings??

Now that I think more about it while I am writing this, I know it's not going to last.

September 20 2006 at 11:38 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Barbara Henry

Good looks and talent DO go together and it's about time someone realized it. This is definitely a beautiful woman with lots of talent; if only someone who cares would give her a part in a hit show. You go girl - prove once and for all that you really are the "IT" girl of the decade.

September 20 2006 at 11:20 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Ron

Alicia Silverstone is a bubblehead. She is responsible for the dumbing down of girls in the 90's, I guess she will get to influnce a whole new group of teenagers with her stupidity.

September 20 2006 at 11:17 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
rrc

Does anyone remember her movie Excess Baggage with Benicio Del Torro? That was her best movie ever!

September 20 2006 at 11:15 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply