November 23, 2014

Adam's Fall TV Schedule

by Adam Finley, posted Sep 16th 2006 8:01AM

everybody hates chrisEver since getting a Tivo a little over a year ago, I no longer watch TV shows when they actually air. When I'm not catching up with what's on my recorder, I'm either reading, listening to podcasts, or pounding out a blog post about what I'm watching on television. The big deletion from my Tivo Season Pass this year is House. I still admire the show, but for me the magic is gone. The season opener sat on my Tivo for quite a few days, unwatched. When I finally sat down to view it I realized, about fifteen minutes into it, that I had completely lost interest in it. I didn't even finish the episode, and took it off my Tivo for good. Perhaps my attitude will change in the coming weeks, but who knows? Anyway, some of these shows are winding down their current seasons, some have yet to air. All times are Central because I live in Minnesota.

Daily (or most weekdays at least):

4:30 p.m.

Jeopardy! (syndicated): Still the best game show on television.

6 and 6:30 p.m.

The Simpsons (syndicated): Yeah, they butcher these episodes horribly to squeeze in more commercials, but it's still better than no Simpsons at all.

7:00 p.m.

Countdown with Keith Olbermann: The perfect show to Tivo, as I can watch what interests me and skip over the celebrity news I care nothing about. And my choice of Countdown over other news programs has nothing to do with my personal politics, I just happen to find Olbermann entertaining. Many, many moons ago I used to enjoy The O'Reilly Factor, until Billy's swollen ego got to be a bit too much for me.

10 :00 p.m.

The Daily Show

10:30 p.m.

The Colbert Report

Sunday:

6 p.m.

Everybody Hates Chris

6:30 p.m.

King of the Hill

7 p.m.

The Simpsons

7:30 p.m.

American Dad (for now anyway, I could get sick of it rather quickly)

8:00 p.m.

Family Guy

9:30 p.m.

Venture Bros.

Aqua Teen Hungerforce (when it takes over this slot in October)

10:30 p.m.

Robot Chicken (but only sometimes)

10:45 p.m.

Metalocalypse

11:00 p.m.

Squidbillies (I know, I know, it's not everyone's favorite, but it's starting to grow on me)

11:15 p.m.

Harvey Birdman (New episodes! Woo? Yes, woo!)

11:30 p.m.

Tom Goes to the Mayor

Frisky Dingo (when it takes over this slot in October, assuming it's good)

Wednesday:

8 p.m.

Mythbusters

9:00 p.m.

South Park

Criss Angel Mindfreak also airs at this time, at least til the end of the month, so I'll record the late evening rerun.

9:30 p.m.

Freak Show (a new animated program on Comedy Central from comedians David Cross and Jon Benjamin. Hopefully it won't suck).

Saturday:

6:30 p.m.

Ebert and Roeper (syndicated)

Dead shows I'm recording either because I enjoy them and/or because I'm saving the episodes to DVD:

Cartoon Planet

Stroker and Hoop

Airline

Shows I record on rare occasion when they cover something that interests me:

Nova

Frontline

Inside the Actors Studio

Shows I hardly ever record because they just don't turn me on, but for some reason once in awhile I get the itch to watch them so I'll record an episode or two:

Minoriteam

12 Oz. Mouse

Shows I'll record when and if they ever return:

Moral Orel

Wonder Showzen

Dog Bites Man

Reno 911!

Misc:

SpongeBob Squarepants

Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends

Tom and Jerry

MASH

Also check out AOL's Fall TV Schedule page for more info.

rvkey

I LOVE Foster's home for Imaginary Friends! I'm so glad it's not just me!!

November 27 2006 at 4:40 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Melissa

Squidbillies is THE funniest cartoon I've ever seen. I have it on DVD, so maybe you should just come over to my house and watch it with me while we drink Pabst and polish our sawed-off's.

October 08 2006 at 5:47 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Kit Peters

You can catch Penn & Teller: Bullshit! on Google Video or YouTube, I'm sure. In fact, I recall seeing a link to all the current episodes of Bullshit! come across Reddit in the past couple of days.

September 18 2006 at 8:39 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
erroneous_nick

With the exception of catching some SpongeBob with the kids and snippets of Mythbusters, I don't watch a single thing on that list. You sure do watch a lot of cartoons.

I agree with those that don't find Adult Swim entertaining at all and I'd prefer old Looney Tunes any day. Once again, this shows why there's more than a single channel to choose from, thankfully.

September 17 2006 at 1:50 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Adam Finley

Oh, I still watch Futurama on occasion, but I've seen all the episodes already. Unfortunately, I don't have HBO, or Showtime for that matter, otherwise Penn and Teller: Bullshit! would definitely be on my list.

September 17 2006 at 10:15 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
MW

This is pretty much my exact lineup, even down to "Jeopardy!". Except you could probably throw some HBO shows thrown in there. And no Futurama love, Adam?

As for Adult Swim, it's not everyone's cup of tea. It's not worth getting all-cappy over for, though. Metalocalypse is good, though I could pass on 12 Oz. Mouse and Minoriteam. And I'm maybe in the minority that wishes Space Ghost Coast to Coast was still on.

Plus, I have to admit that it's going to mean a lot less to me once The Venture Bros.' season ends. Still, I prefer what they air to pretty much anything else that airs between 10:30 and 1:00 on Sundays. Or lots of other TV for that matter.

September 16 2006 at 10:15 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
James

99% OF ADULT SWIM IS NOT FUNNY AND JUST IDOITIC.. OCCASSIONALLY, AQUA TEEN HAS ITS MOMENTS, OTHER THAN THAT I HEARD THEY ARE LOOKING FOR NEW DIRECTION OVER THERE, AND HOPEFULLY THAT WILL ALLOW THEM TO GET SOME DECENT PROGRAMMING

September 16 2006 at 8:10 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Adam Finley

I like Adult Swim stuff, obviously, but they can't touch the classics like Tom and Jerry, Looney Tunes, and Tex Avery, you're right. It's just too bad those old classics are so hard to find on television anymore.

September 16 2006 at 2:27 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jeff

Am i the only one that just doesnt think Adult Swim is funny?..they are just stupid cartoons that everyone just hypes ...Im a big fan of Family Guy from when it first started after the Super Bowl that year but these other shows are just kinda mindless. Give me a good Bugs Bunny or a Tom and Jerry any day. Anyone else in agreement?

September 16 2006 at 12:13 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply