April 23, 2014

The Roloffs return on October 7th

by Richard Keller, posted Sep 18th 2006 9:31AM

Little People, Big World returns on October 7thIt's now official. Our favorite, new, reality family, the Roloffs, return with all new episodes of Little People, Big World starting October 7th on TLC. I saw a new commercial for the series this weekend and everyone looks a little older. Especially Matt, whose hair has turned a brighter shade of gray. Not to worry if you haven't seen the ad, though, for I'm sure we'll be seeing plenty of it during the Big World episode where Zach goes into surgery and Matt returns to the software industry.

Hey, let me ask you a question, person to anthropomorphic blob of TV Squad readers. Do you think that the rest of his family, including Amy, are a bit, I don't know, ungrateful? I mean, Matt goes through all of the trouble building exciting play areas around the farm for his kids and designs a kitchen that is the right size for Amy to use, and all they can do is bitch about it and give him lip. The man was practically bed-ridden for the first ten years of his life and is trying to make a happy existence for his family. Don't you think he deserves a bit of slack?

Oh, and a question from my wife as well. When will they be cleaning up that house? It's always a mess!

Mullin

Oops, in my last comment I meant to say, it's so easy to pick at their faults, but what family doesnt have their own faults!

December 05 2006 at 11:34 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Mullin

I dont watch this show all the time, but when I do I think its wonderful to see a family who loves eachother and supports eachother. It is so easy to pick at their faults, but what family doesnt! This family teaches us that no matter how diverse any family is, we all have the same worries, positives, negatives, stressors in life. Matt appears to have such a zest for life and you can tell he loves his family. Amy seems to be the grounded one, which I and Im sure alot of others can relate to!

December 05 2006 at 11:31 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
marie akers

I just love the Roloffs, when i watch that show i just cry, it reminds me of when i had a family....but i kept a clean house...lol.....i still love Amy tho, she does love her kids.....but with a family that size they all could pitch in and pick up the crap off the floor, and while there at it, put some sheets on the bed...Matt is a good dad, and what dad do you know builds all that fun stuff in the yard?

October 28 2006 at 1:43 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Cindy

Going to the Roloff Pumpkin Patch this weekend with my Daughters and the Grandkids! They live about 120 North of us~should be a very fun and memorable time!

October 17 2006 at 1:59 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
jay anthony hopson

not fully aware of how the star system works but am indeed in touch with the roloffs through my eyes onto the screen for now let's leave their dirty laundry where it lies has anyone any idea the impact these folks are puttin' out to those of us whinin' and cryin' ---- a tour must be set up america should really meet the roloffs off camera and up close

October 14 2006 at 1:22 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Alfie McDuff

I've noticed a lot of product placement this season. So far: Mt Dew, Pepsi, Ruffles Chips, Goldfish crackers, and Storeables. They get paid or get products for free for featuring the items on their show.
I like Amy, she's so well adjusted and truly loves her family, she's down to earth and her kids listen to her. Matt is a big baby, the fifth child.

Like every family they have their problems and disagreements, but overall, it's good to see how they interact and care about each other.

October 07 2006 at 9:03 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
jay anthony hopson

nextel cup -big deal world series warmups - oh pooh- college football -so what-pro football-who cares - this weekend round about eight o'clock sat night all the world is waiting for an hen to be pecked by "the rooster" ---and as jacob gathers those eggs and brings them to mom then we'll hear the most famous quote in the history of reality tv - "where'd you get these?" -not since the first fish swam or first cricket croaked has there been something akin to a ROLOFF-pay attention amy for the sixteen kid bus may be on the way yeah matt you heard me so get busy

October 05 2006 at 9:35 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Mr Z

Matt has a heart of Gold. For that matter the whole family has hearts of Gold. Which one of us can judge the dynamics of a house hold to our own standards?

I have not missed a show. My impression is that they share a very deep love for one another. Matt and Amy do a great job in taking care of their family. Their children appear happy and well rooted in family values.

IMO

September 23 2006 at 2:02 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Debbie

I like the characters in the show but have a difficult time looking at the cluttered, filthy house. Matt needs to spend less time "showing off" by building castles, etc and more time teaching his family the basics of good hygine. Amy needs to clean that house as well! Pigs!

September 23 2006 at 1:02 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Debbie

Matt has "little man" syndrome(Nepolean)The things he does for his family are good to some degree; too many strings attached! And he is very manipulating. He is bossy and has to have his own way. How Amy can put up with him is beyond me! He is a little man with a big mouth! The family needs to stop babying Zach. Sure, he has special needs but theya re overcompensating and turing him into a mama's boy. Zach needs to hold his mouth closed when not speaking. I'm afraid he is going to startd drueling. By having his mouth hanging open makes him look "limited".

September 23 2006 at 12:55 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply