December 19, 2014

Sorry, Campbell Brown, you're just too darn young and cute

by Bob Sassone, posted Sep 19th 2006 12:34PM

Campbell BrownA "network source" tells Radar that the reason why Today Show weekend host Campbell Brown didn't get the weekday gig when Katie Couric left is because she's too young, cute, and doesn't have any kids.

So, what, are they saying that Meredith Vieira isn't cute?

The source says that Brown wouldn't appeal to stay-at-home moms who are busy and have kids. Then why is she on the weekend show? Is NBC saying that the weekend Today Show really doesn't matter? I'm not saying I disagree, but it's an odd thing to indirectly admit.

Related:
The NY Times covers Campbell Brown's wedding ... and I missed it.

NBC would like to "morph" Brown and Morales together... who wouldn't?

My TV Crush: Campbell Brown

erroneous_nick

I'm not *THAT* ugly! Sheesh...

September 19 2006 at 4:18 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Dr. Funbags

3. Hey! I'm old, I'm ugly, I have kids. Where do I sign up for my own show?

Rosie - that you? You are already on show number 2!

September 19 2006 at 4:06 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
erroneous_nick

Hey! I'm old, I'm ugly, I have kids. Where do I sign up for my own show?

September 19 2006 at 3:28 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
lynn houghton

Meredith is too scarey in her comments.

September 19 2006 at 1:49 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
lynn houghton

I would rather look at young skin than old Meredith, Im 47 I see enough of it in the mirror, to stay young you need be around young people and feed off of their energy. Besides Meredith creeps me out, especially when she spoke on the View about not wearing underwear....not the image I wanted YUK!!!
If your over 50; your old to alot of people, wearing stockings (pantyhose ) on air is a must! Curic does that natural thing..ahhhhh your not 20 any more!!!!

September 19 2006 at 1:48 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
const

On the looks scale, it's no contest. Campbell Brown by a mile. Meredith Viera looks a bit "weathered" in close ups. Brrr.

September 19 2006 at 1:34 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Tammy

I am an older, not as cute, stay at home Mom and I adore Campbell Brown. I was all for her taking over when it was announced that Katie was leaving. I do like Meredith too but not because she's older and has kids. She's got a great sense of humor that seems to work well with Al and Matt. The atmosphere on the show seems to be more relaxed now and much more laid back than before.

September 19 2006 at 1:26 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply