July 22, 2014

The Five: Odd things Larry King and Rachael Ray said

by Bob Sassone, posted Sep 19th 2006 9:19AM

Rachael RayLarry King's guest on CNN last night was cooking show/talk show/magazine icon Rachael Ray. After a truly disturbing segue from talking about the autopsy of Anna Nicole Smith's son to talking to Ray about salad and pasta, they show footage of Ray taking Larry shopping (I swear Larry has never shopped before) and talked about Oprah's non-stop praise of Ray (Oprah, um, produces Ray's show). But the truly odd thing about the interview were the number of bizarre questions and/or statements made by Larry and Rachael. Some of them are out of context, but most of them are bizarre no matter what the context:

"Has your pit bull ever killed anyone?" (Larry)

"That's even bigger than daddy's!" (Rachael)

"Mario, do you own a restaurant?" (Larry, to guest Mario Batali, world famous chef who owns eight restaurants)

"What's a pepper shaker?" (Larry)

"Do you think there's a danger she'll be overexposed?" (Larry, to "surprise" guest John, Rachael's husband)

Gloria

YUMO!!!

December 02 2006 at 12:05 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Lisa

Yall, stop being haters about Rachel Ray. You dont like her then change the channel. She is who she is and some people must like her or she wouldn't have so many shows going on and selling so many cookbooks. I do agree that she is striking while the iron is still hot but I hope it doesnt lead her burnout and one person can only do so many things at once. I do not see how she is doing it all now!!! I do like Rachel and her shows. Her talk show should only get better with time. Its new territory for her but she seems to tackle everything else. Best of luck to her in all her ventures...!!! Hey, everyone, just wish her well. In my opinion, It is always nice to see someone fullfill their dreams and it looks like she almost has it all...YOU GO RACHEL...and btw...I would like to see those who are posting she is fat...She is just the size of the average real American woman her age, not some always starving anorexic cokehead.

October 26 2006 at 7:50 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jackson

Rachel Ray SHOULD open burger joints...cause she can't cook worth a crap anyway. So sure , why not open up a fast food "restaurant" and "cook" some more food to give America hips just like Rachel Ray... "yum - o". Chili dog nachos with some death on the side for everyone!!

October 26 2006 at 3:19 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
ANDREA ROBERTS

Rachel, I think you are a doll. Keep up the good work. I have all your books and love them,only thing I don't like is I would like to see pics of the food. I would love to get more info on the Franchise Burger Joints. Again keep doing what you do best. See ya when I see Ya

October 26 2006 at 3:04 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Ruth Shalchter

I think Rachel Ray is refreshing. I am a 86 yr. old Grandma and have been around the corner a bit. I be-
ieve most of the peers her age are a "bit jealous".
don't you think? She's genuine and tells it like it is
or what we want to hear and she is very interesting. Most of all you can learn some good points from her and
you young 'uns out there could find some good things to
cook for the people you love or should love!
Ruth Shlachter,Florida

October 26 2006 at 12:55 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
2allbfpatties

ok,i still have yet to see the talk show,when i first got foodnet work,i just muted her and watched the show.i still do periodicaly.i cant stand extremely happy ppl.she is to annoying,i noticed i have never seen her 2 yrs,wear a shortsleeve shirt,have u guys?she is too exposed,like martha stewart was.i think they are sellouts.i feel bad for her husband having to hear her .i thought she was prego this summer when i saw her in a comercialwearing maroon.

October 26 2006 at 12:48 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
2allbfpatties

October 26 2006 at 12:48 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
CAMILLE

RACHEL DEAR,,,,,,,YOU'RE REALLY ENTHUSIASTIC ABOUT LIFE, BUT A LITTLE GOES A LONG WAY,,ONE CAN OVERDO IT,AND YOU NEED TO GET A HOLD OF YOURSELF,YOU STARTED OUT OK, BUT NOW IT'S REALLY GETTING ANNOYING,,,I OFTEN HAVE TO CHANGE CHANNELS WHEN YOU START YELLING,,,,,,,I'M ITALIAN TOO, AND KNOW HOW LOUD AND EXPRESSIVE WE CAN BE,,,,TAKE MY ADVICE AND COOL IT A BIT,,,,

October 26 2006 at 12:29 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Diane Colbert

I think Rachel is a doll..cute and perky. She's very enthusiastic and it comes across as geniune. Unfortunately, she's trying to strike while the iron's hot and I'm afraid she's becoming overexposed. Too many things going on in her career and the American public likes to build you up just to tear you down.

October 25 2006 at 10:54 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Myrna Ferreras

I dont like the new show that Rachel Ray has.
I like the show $40 dollars a day.
She is extremely too hyper for me in her new show.

Myrna