April 23, 2014

What's on tonight: The Office, Earl, Shark, Six Degrees, Dick Cavett

by Bob Sassone, posted Sep 21st 2006 5:01PM
  • Grey's AnatomyAt 8, ABC has a recap episode of Grey's Anatomy, followed by the season premiere, then the series premiere of Six Degrees.
  • CBS has a new Survivor at 8, followed by the season premiere of CSI and the series premiere of Shark.
  • NBC has the season premiere of My Name Is Earl at 8, the season premiere of The Office, a new Deal Or No Deal, and the season premiere of ER.
  • There's a new 'Til Death on FOX at 8, a new Happy Hour, then a new Celebrity Duets.
  • TCM has a classic Dick Cavett interview with Robert Mitchum at 8, followed by The Night of the Hunter.
  • At 9, PBS has a new American Masters on Andy Warhol.
  • At 10, Food Network has a new Throwdown with Bobby Flay, followed by a new Ace of Cakes.

Optimus Rhyme

It looks like CTV here in Canada screwed things up. I was flipping through the channels at 8pm and noticed that Grey's Anatomy was on at 8pm here in Canada and it had the same synopsys as the premier on at 9pm on ABC. So I watched it, yet I was 16 minutes late to catching it.

I just kept watching, figuring they had resolved some stuff in the opening part of the show, not realizing that they were actually airing Episode 2 from this season. As I put on ABC just before 10pm I caught the end of the show, and was so confused as to why I was seeing stuff I had not seen, yet I just watched the show. Huge mess up on CTV. When the show was over on CTV they showed a promo for the season premier, which didnt make any sense, but that could be what they're showing next week.

Who knows, all I know is that now I have to download the premier to make things make sense.

September 21 2006 at 10:14 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Gavin

The Office was pure genius. Absolutely loved every last minute of it. I've given up on network comedy, but this show is their last saving grace to me.

September 21 2006 at 9:48 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Tucker

*sigh* twice in one day, Bob? Grey's season premiere is at 9. All this double-checking is bad for my heart.

September 21 2006 at 8:22 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
A Boy Named Mole

OVERLOAD!!!!!

... I love it

September 21 2006 at 5:54 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jaymez

The back of my eyelids. I watch TV mainly on the weekends. Too tired after work on Thursday and Friday and I'm outta the house from 0630 to 2300 Monday thru Wednesday.

Grey's Anatomy is the only show I'd watch on this list, but, they're on the wrong night. I don't Tivo or record because I refuse to live by the TV's schedual. I'd never remember to watch what was recorded, anyway.

September 21 2006 at 5:41 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
trachein

The 8 p.m. Gray's is a "clip show." The actual season premiere is not until 9:00 p.m

September 21 2006 at 5:03 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply