Katharine McPhee as Wonder Woman?

by Brett Love, posted Sep 23rd 2006 3:17PM
Katharine McPheeRumors and speculation about who will take on the role of Princess Diana in Joss Whedon's Wonder Woman movie have been flying around the Internet since word leaked out that he was working on it. Even after all the names that have been mentioned, this one caught me completely off guard. Apparently, one of the names being talked about for the role is American Idol's Katharine McPhee.

In an interview with Entertainment Weekly, Katharine acknowledges that it would probably be a mistake for Wonder Woman to be her debut role, but she doesn't deny the possibility of it happening. Frankly, with Whedon at the helm, I think anything is possible. She also talks about her upcoming CD, the Idol tour, and the obsessive Idol fans.

As far as Wonder Woman goes though, can't we just give the gig to Charisma Carpenter and get on with it?

jkmerengue

I'm sorry about this third post...I wish I could edit the earlier ones. Maybe this one will work!
actress/priyanka_chopra/
priyanka_chopra_5.shtml

September 26 2006 at 12:30 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
jkmerengue

The link cut off and so doesn't work. You may have to cut and paste it. Sorry.

priyanka_chopra/priyanka_chopra_pictures/
priyanka_chopra

September 26 2006 at 12:26 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
jkmerengue

I read that Josh Weadon was strongly condidering Priyanka Chopra for the role. She was Miss World in 2004 and is quite charming in the Indian films that I've seen her in. Plus, she's very beautiful. Here's a link to a picture of her. I think she is a much better choice than Miss Katherine, who has a tendency to annoy me, not sure why. http://www.dialindia.com/bollywood/actress/priyanka_chopra/priyanka_chopra_pictures/priyanka_chopra

September 26 2006 at 12:23 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Roger

Hey whats this statment about the old superman this is funny please share more just love crittes they make my heart pump oh! Hi everyone

September 25 2006 at 1:05 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Roger

Seems that people overlook real talent and the ones that such up on the inside gets the spot but thats changing as we speek there will be new talent and faces watch and see!

September 25 2006 at 1:03 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Joey Geraci

God, Jennifer, Superman Returns sucked. Royally and completely. (Was it a horrible movie if by some miracle you could remove Superman from the title and all associations thereof? No, but unfortunately that is impossible)

Joss needs to take his lessons from the (re)birth of Batman, not Superman.

September 24 2006 at 9:26 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Karen

Man, I'd LOVE to se Morena Baccarin in the role. But I can live with Rachel Bilson, too. And since she's not a Whedon-verse grad, she may have the inside line.

I don't know why the studio is so pissy about proven Whedon people, though. I mean, Sorkin gets to use the same people over and over. He even recycles their NAMES.

September 24 2006 at 5:16 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jennifer

Um, no, no, and no.

It's Joss frickin' Whedon. Give the man a break. Let him do the casting, not the studios. I hope he does what Brian Singer did with Superman Returns and casts an unknown.

September 24 2006 at 2:05 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Greg

No Wonder Woman discussion is complete w/o considering chick from Gilmore Girls.

September 24 2006 at 2:02 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
jgreene

i heard that rachel bilson already got the part humm guess i heard some untrue info on the net, what are the odds.

September 23 2006 at 8:26 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply