October 20, 2014

Stargate SG-1: The Quest

by Will O'Brien, posted Sep 23rd 2006 8:26AM
Daniel faces off with Adria over the Sangrael
(S10E10) SciFi channel calls this a season finale, but it's more of a mid season cliffhanger. I was ready for this episodes ago, but finally the team is going after the freakin' Sangrael. The beautiful Morena has returned and even dear old Ba'al(Cliff Simon) was in for some action.

There wasn't much room for the characters to show off because the episode was filled with so much action. The whole thing was action, a few lines, action, a few lines. At least they slid in a few nice one liners along the way.

I enjoyed the episode, so don't take my notes the wrong way. Where do I get a time vortex energy identifying PDA? Weren't they walking through a bunch of sand in the time vortex? Wouldn't it have made more sense to chuck fist fulls of sand to mark the passage? The rocks worked, but I would have tossed a few extra before determining that I was in the clear.

Daniel did get to show off his intellect a bit. He reminded me of a kids zoo tour guide. Vala didn't get much camera love, mostly she just mouthed off every so often. The best line of all was Sams. "Oh geeze, why don't you two just get a room." to Adria and Ba'al.

The script reminded me of the many role playing video games out there. Obtain level 10, collect all the ancient symbols and complete the quest for your new magic weapon.

It was another good episode of SG-1. In the final few minutes of the show, it was clear that things weren't getting resolved. Daniels little faceoff with Adria was satisfying, so the cliffhanger didn't leave that blatant plot hole that's so common with two parters these days.

Richie

A great show, The earier cast members just made the show click. Bring back Jack!!!! and General Hammond. Ms. Black is also perfect for her spot. Please no more "story line" Idea episodes. (200th)?
Great bad guys most of the time. Just have to keep Adria. Way too much time between episodes.
Dont loose your audience.

October 19 2006 at 7:06 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Lisa

There are 10 more episodes left of season 10. They will start showing the second half of the season again in March. If you love the series and want Scifi to renew it for season 11, write to Mark Stern and Bonnie Hammer and tell them. I think that Stargate SG-1 needs at least one more season to finish the Ori storyline. www.savestargatesg1.com

October 02 2006 at 11:58 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Ed Cook

I think it would be great to start the second half if Ba'al and Adria got roasted and ate by the dragon. For Adria it would be fitting for the dragon to roast her.

October 02 2006 at 1:24 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Elles

I completely agree with the sand thing, I remember shouting at the TV because of it.

But yeah... good episode...

Random comment here, but the dragon at the end reminded me of Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire.

October 01 2006 at 7:59 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jeffrey Levitt MD

Sg1 still had its audience, and money has to be made but it doesnt have to be alot especially in veiw that the fans are still plentiful. Whats on the sci fi channel is crap for the most part. There isnt even a place to see re runs. Its an awful place to discover that the channel doesnt even give a crap about it audience, tie it up but dont cut and run.

October 01 2006 at 3:57 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Sean

I loved the episode

Don't get wrong it is an awsomwe episode
but dont leave a cliffhanger if you don't plan on making another 2 parter, and if not make a mini series or something to clarify if one or all of the team surived cause if leave as a dragan blowing fire. we (the Fans) wont understand. Did they save earth or what. cause the question remains did they get the sangrael,and did SG1 save earth for the final time in the show

September 30 2006 at 2:31 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Mack Swift

I loved this episode last nite. A little suprise and a little suspense here and there made for a kewl hour (seriously; I didn't see that "the old man was Adria" coming, though I did suspect right afterwards that she was powerless).

Some great one liners, and a few Vala-isms made for a few chuckles as well.

Oh, and the special effects this season (and Atlantis as well) have been awesome!!

September 26 2006 at 9:15 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
mretondo

"The script reminded me of the many role playing video games out there. "

What, are you kidding? This was a rip-off of Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade. At the end Indy had to solve 3 riddles the last of which was FATH. He had to take a leap of faith onto an invisible bridge. Daniel had to take a leap of faith and walk though fire. And what was he in search of "The Holy Grail". This is what I have always loved about SG1; they make homage to other TV shows or movies.

September 25 2006 at 9:57 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Gordon Werner

more Morena Baccarin please

September 25 2006 at 12:04 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Klo

The cave at the end of this episode is an excellent place to rid the galaxy of both Ba'al and Adria. A little well placed push and all is well with the world. After you take care of the dragon thing, of course.

September 23 2006 at 8:47 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply