April 23, 2014

Standoff stops production (but not for the reason you might think)

by Bob Sassone, posted Sep 26th 2006 4:00PM

StandoffThe new FOX hostage negotiation drama Standoff has stopped production for a week, but not because the show is being shelved. It's actually a "writer's break," so they can get caught up (since they start the new season before the other networks) and new consulting producer Tim Minear comes on board to help out.

So, those of you who had Standoff in our contest can stop jumping up and down now and go back to watching television.

Dorv

I second Tony C. I like the show so far, but adding Tim Minear sounds GREAT.

September 26 2006 at 11:57 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Tony C

Tim Minear?? Wow. With what amazing work he did for Firefly, I wonder if he can do Standoff some good...

September 26 2006 at 5:47 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
RevJonathan

It's been good so far, I just don't see how they're gonna keep the story up. The concept can only so far.

September 26 2006 at 4:40 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Carissa

I was thinking about that contest, and I was wondering, is it done by the number of episodes aired or when it's cancelled? If a show starts after program airs five weeks and is cancelled before the second even starts, but the second show is cancelled after one aired episode, which show counts?

September 26 2006 at 4:39 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Caro

Is it wrong that I've sort of been enjoying "Standoff"? I mean, it's pretty bad, clearly. But not worse than a lot of other things on TV, especially on FOX in particular. I've found it entertaining so far... Ron Livingston is as delightful as usual, and the plots have been fairly interesting. I dunno... I don't think it's a keeper or anything, but I'd like to see it given a bit of a chance.

September 26 2006 at 4:35 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply