July 25, 2014

Charges dropped in Lost actor's traffic case

by Joel Keller, posted Sep 27th 2006 4:01PM
Adewale Akinnuoye-AgbajeEarlier this month, Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje, who plays Mr. Ecko on Lost, was arrested in Hawaii on charges of disobeying a police officer and driving without a license. Yesterday, in Waikiki district court, the actor's lawyer was able to get the charges dropped after proving to the court that the actor does indeed have a driver's license. Adewale spent six hours in jail and paid five hundred dollars when he was arrested, so it's not like he got off scot-free.

What I want to know is if he even showed up in court. I've been to traffic court before (don't ask... I blame overzealous suburban cops... anyway, it was ten years ago), and you basically have to stand in line with every speeder, stop-sign runner, and drunk driver that's been caught over the previous week. If he was there, I wonder if anyone recognized him; he's hard to miss, considering he's a pretty big guy.

Kiah

I am from Hawaii, and the police out there are over-zealous, and are prejudice against both white and black people. In highschool I got HARASSED by a cop just because I was parked in the parking lot of a park talking! My guess is, some cop with a teeny tiny wee-wee is jealous of these uber successful "hollywood types" and giving them trouble.

October 04 2006 at 12:06 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Chris Wyant

"The actor's lawyer was able to get the charges dropped." I'm afraid you got the facts wrong. What actually happened was he came in wearing tattered clothes and hit the bailiff in the face with his Jesus stick. Then he glared at the judge, who then slammed his gavel and ran to his chambers. True story.

September 28 2006 at 7:49 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
LostLucky

It seems that there have been a disproportionate number of Lost stars are getting arrested on driving violations in Hawaii. What is going on with that? Do the local police stake the set for the Type-A Hollywood types to drive by, or is the shooting schedule so rigorous, or do they need driving lessons? Just joking. If he was drunk, he should be fined like everyone else. Good thing he had a license so he did not have to spend more time in jail. There is a Lost resource site that has news, blog feeds and a forum that I have been watching grow at http://www.lostexposed.com/ . They started up in the off-season and seem to be picking up, like the hundred of Lost fan sites.

September 28 2006 at 2:23 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Andru

Hmm...The last two Tailies with traffic incidents got killed. Maybe since the charges were dropped Eko will just go into a coma or get hit with a brick or something...

September 27 2006 at 4:41 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
khia213

He didn't necessarily have to appear. His lawyer could have handled everything without his presence. At least if the lawyer was any good.

September 27 2006 at 4:39 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply