July 31, 2014

Blade gets the axe from Spike

by Joel Keller, posted Sep 29th 2006 1:28PM
Blade the seriesAccording to the lovely Jill Wagner, SpikeTV's Blade: The Series is not going to come back for a second season. "I was just informed today that there will be NO 2nd season of Blade: The Series," she told the site ComicBookMovie.com. Also according to this article, ratings for the show started out well, but slipped as the season went on. Ah, well, at least we can still see her in those Mercury commercials.

Indeed, Ms. Wagner also let that information slip to our former TVS colleague and current Netscaper Ryan j Budke. Not sure if that was before or after he helped move her furniture.

(Just kidding, Ryan...)

nicki

damn... i was waiting for a month to see when it will come back on, and now this?
someone please convince the media that we need this show, and that there are still several fans that want to see the second season!

December 19 2006 at 12:59 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
dave

i think taking blade the series off spike will be the biggest mistake they will ever make

December 10 2006 at 12:43 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
T.Hayes

I love Blade. Every time you start liking a new tv show they take it off. I never missed an episode, and Sticky really grew on me. Please don't take off another cool show!!!!!!!!!!

October 26 2006 at 1:29 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
dwacon_com

I enjoyed Blade. Granted, Sticky was no Wesley... but it was good seeing him back after his Iraq series "Over There" got blown up by an network executive.

October 12 2006 at 1:53 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Bo Bonzr

The show isn't cancelled tho Jill may soon be out of a job. My boy is recording a song with Sticky as we speak for the SECOND season and they're leaving for Cananda 11/1 to start filming for Season Deux. Now stranger things have happened but you would think that the producers would've let the Lead know that he needs to look for another gig if this were true. Apparently there have been rumors for months, but my boy's chillin in Sticky's mansion right now and swears it ain't cancelled.

October 08 2006 at 1:11 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Susan

I can't believe this series has been canceled. Not sure why the ratings got low towards the end of the series but I just love this show and I don't want it to go. Go to www.spiketv.com and click on shows and then click on Blade and go to the upper right of the screen and click on feedback. You can send them comments about what you think of the show and you don't want it to leave. I already did this. I also told them they should tell everyone on their channel and few more to let others know that the show has been canceled and get the feedback and writing started and tell spike to not canceled Blade. I hope they do that. But I did hear season 1 will be put on dvd and I can't wait to get it. SO GO TO SPIKETV.COM AND PUT IN YOUR FEEDBACK ABOUT KEEPING THE SHOW GOING!!!!

October 06 2006 at 10:18 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Malik

I am really dissapointed that this show is not gonna have a chance at a second season...Mr. Keller is there any thing that fans can do to try to bring it back? Please either advise on this blog or email me directly. I am sure that you have access to me email address...

October 02 2006 at 10:58 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jimmy

This is a real shame. The series was finally getting interesting and the season finale really left things open for going in new directions. I hope someone gives Jill Wagner a job because she was the real bright spot of this series.

September 30 2006 at 1:38 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
treegoat

Of course they cancelled it - I had really grown to like it. Dammit.

September 29 2006 at 10:04 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
BartmanDK

Come on!! it wasent that great of a show to beging with... you cant be suprised that they cut this!!

September 29 2006 at 8:40 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply