September 20, 2014

Cuse and Lindelof scare me

by Brett Love, posted Sep 29th 2006 3:33PM
Carlton Cuse and Damon LindelofUSA Today has an article up about Lost producers Carlton Cuse and Damon Lindelof. It focuses mostly on their relationship and how they work together. The two are long time friends. Cuse actually gave Lindelof his first writing gig on Nash Bridges. They even manage to catch up with J.J. Abrams who weighs in with his thoughts on how the two are doing with the show. I've read a number of pieces like this about Cuse and Lindelof over the last couple years. They always come across as good guys that are enjoying what they are doing. It's worth a look for Lost fans, or fans of how TV works.

The part that scares me is the little bit where the producers say season three "will offer more romance and adventure." It's something they hinted at in their podcast toward the end of last season. Now, the Lost team does a lot of things well, but for me, romance isn't one of them. If I want cheesy romance I'll find that tape of Falcon Beach from this past summer. In my big list of Lost questions, "Will Kate choose Jack or Sawyer?" is way down the list.

Aaron Peck

#4...well, from what I know of Lost fans outside of the blogoshpere (yes there are quite a few), they are quite interested in the whole Jack-Kate-Sawyer thing. I know I don't quite like it either, but I'm sure they won't dissapoint in throwing in some mythology.

On a side not, Cuse and Lindelof scare me for a complete different reason. If you've ever listened to that podcast of theirs on ABC.com they sound like an old-slightly wierd-married couple. It's creepy.

Aaron.

September 29 2006 at 11:51 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Carley

I think this is a matter of demographics. The network and therefore the writers/producers want to attract a balanced demographic and with scifi you always run the risk of losing female viewers. Last season the scale tipped a lot towards sci fi with the button, expliding hatches, humean experimentations and so on. With the upcoming season they will want to even it up a bit, mixing in action adventure for men and romance for women (and sensitive men of course). A friend's site is http://www.lostexposed/ , which I really like and am going to post there too. Do I really care about whether Kate picks Sawyer or Jack, well not really, umm maybe.

September 29 2006 at 11:15 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
tv junkie

Totally agreed, I really don't care who Kate choose. And shame on Cuse and Lindelof too, to think they know about what the fans want to see.

September 29 2006 at 10:22 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
BartmanDK

What romance? the Kate-Sawyer-Jack thing? thats kinda old news.. if they really wanted to focus on that they should have done that in season 1 when it was fresh and new... but still.. they might bring sonmething new to the table now that its only those 3 that are captured by the others!

September 29 2006 at 8:38 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Bojangles

Yeah I heard this a while back, they also said that they were focusing on a more Indiana Jones type feel this season as opposed to the more mythology-laden second season. I started to wonder if I watched a totally different show last year, because if their idea of a mythology-laden season is stamping the dharma logo on everything and making those numbers appear everywhere, well then they need to re-evaluate the meaning of the word.

September 29 2006 at 4:59 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
John Howard

Way down the list? It shouldn't even be on the list. That's the absolute least interesting part of the show.

September 29 2006 at 4:42 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply