October 22, 2014

Watch this promo for Futurama's return

by Joel Keller, posted Sep 29th 2006 3:05PM
Futurama promoBig huzzahs to reader John Geezer, who sent us a link to this fantastic promo for the upcoming new season of Futurama. The promo was created by Speed Bump Studios in an effort to get a job doing these for Comedy Central. It features a CGI version of Bender walking into a random house, drinking the owners' wine, and stealing their candlesticks. "Hello, peasants!" he yells as he walks in. Really great stuff.

Speed Bump also provides a clip showing the computer rough-draft of the CGI Bender, and an opportunity to download the Bender model (for fun only, of course). Good stuff, and a fun way to close out the week.

Joel

Yep, it's right there at the end of the video. My mistake. I'll fix the post.

September 29 2006 at 8:57 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Gene

I think all the disclaimers asking Fox not to sue are pretty good evidence that it's a spec ad.

September 29 2006 at 8:52 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
el publico

Forget Futurama, what about the top 10 episodes of "South Park" hand chosen by Matt and Trey

September 29 2006 at 7:26 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Joel

Looks official to me Andrew. How do you know it was done on spec?

September 29 2006 at 4:51 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Andrew

This wasn't actually created for Comedy Central, but created on spec. It's essentially a fan film. A beautifully well done one, but not an official promo.

September 29 2006 at 4:46 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
TheMatt

Oh Futurama, I await your return so badly...

And, just so I can mess with every guy's mind from here on out:

Seymour from "Jurassic Bark"

September 29 2006 at 3:43 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Alex Davis

I can honestly say I have not been this excited about a TV show, uh, ever. Just another year.5 or 2 or so and it's here.

September 29 2006 at 3:17 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply