Paula calls Idol hopefuls in Seattle "astoundingly awful"

by Michael Canfield, posted Oct 3rd 2006 9:03PM
Paula Ouch, she's the nice one. Randy didn't think much of the talent that showed up for the upcoming American Idol season's sixth and next-to-last tryout, held Monday, either. He said he thinks "it must be something in the rain water," and tried to explain the ineptness as "wild, insane. Maybe depressed."

Could it be that after only -- what is it -- thirty seasons, America has finally run out of cruise-ship-ship quality singing talent? Seattle hopefuls didn't much like Simon either. "They told me not to come back to your country," he told the Seattle Times, "I feel very unwelcome." So, sounds like plenty of good tape which will be useful for the open-call phase of the show to come out of Seattle.

jennifer

She is a has been

December 14 2006 at 1:34 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
stan s.

26k is way off the demographic.
What is awful, other than them not realizing that....is the comments I've read so far. It is obvious, that these are low functioning individuals, devoid of talent, as well as intellect.
Paula was once at the top of the game, she's earned some respect, which doesn't seem to be a big issue here.

October 21 2006 at 11:32 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Diane

$26,000.00 in my opinion is alot of money.
But some of these negative Paula comments are outrageous(didn't your mom teach you "if you don't have anything nice to say). Hopefully this whole thing won't lose sight of the fact that the money was to go to Multiple Sclerosis and for someone who was recently diagnosed, I hope anyone who reads this will think of MS the next time they donate to charity.

October 21 2006 at 9:42 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Mike

$26,000 to just spend a few hours with her? Only if we were doing the horizontal mambo!

October 21 2006 at 9:13 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Lisa

Paula is a doll but the beginning bid was too high for what they were offering, so I hope she didn't take it personally. There are tons of men who would love to meet Paul in person, even for five minutes, but not at the tune of $26K.

PS: She is the nicest judge on Idol, and she helps soften Simon's bouts of rudeness. The show would be nothing without her. Actually her and Simon and their continual spats keep it interesting. lol

October 18 2006 at 1:12 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
buddy

i would spend that kind of money on her just leave out the shopping spree and change it for time spending with Paula and getting to know her

October 18 2006 at 12:58 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
jen

Maybe if they had not sent all the singers home and kept the garbage to send to Paula, Randy and Simon this would not have happened. But, singers like myself were bypassed for side shows in Uncle Sam outfits, so keep having the producers picking William Hung's and then wonder why the show is garbage.
I went all the way to Seattle from Florida and I have a pair of lungs. But, I was not good "tv material".

October 18 2006 at 12:43 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
kim

enough's enough get her off the show get another judge that has all there marbles!

October 18 2006 at 12:15 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
nancy

$26,000.00??? I could buy two tickets to L.A., spend $5,000.00 shopping, stand outside the stage door and yell hello to Paula all for under $10,000! But I wouldn't want to.....however, I love the show!

October 18 2006 at 10:23 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
tim

paula is definitely talented ! i'd also like to speak with her about a project/play that i need her to produce. she is a lovely lady that i would love to meet, and thats the truth ! tim c.

October 18 2006 at 7:42 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply